“Excellent. You'll not leave hungry!”

Bibis Italianissimo
Ranked #80 of 1,949 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Holbeck
Description: Bibis Italianissimo is an iconic and authentic Italian Restaurant and Cocktail Bar with an unrivalled reputation for serving authentic Italian cuisine and providing live entertainment in a truly stunning venue.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went to Bibi's as a last minute decision on a Saturday night at 6:30pm. We were going to try out the Red's True BBQ, but it's not possible to book at the True BBQ place and even though I thought we were early, when we got there they said the wait would be about 4 hours!!

I quickly called Bibi's and they said if they could fit us in they would, maybe there would be a wait for a table. We walked straight around there and I was so glad we did.

We arrived to be greeted by a friendly hostess and a manager quickly overheard our conversation about my phone call, "We have a table for you right now if that's ok". Great... I had a word about the birthday party member of our group and arranged a surprise for desert.

The staff here were attentive and despite the loud atmosphere (it was busy, which is always a good sign) the staff listened attentively to the orders for wine, drinks and food. The wine and drinks were served promptly, starters did not take long and there was a comfortable break before the main courses came.

The prices are not "cheap" but about right, and when the food comes, it's not tiny portions by any means. We all left comfortably fed, well 'refreshed' by the drinks (nice wines) and the birthday person enjoyed their well lit cake. They don't do a sparkler here, it's a reasonably sized table firework!!! (A real winner of a birthday candle, and I think for safety reasons the waiting staff don't leave the table until you have finished singing happy birthday and the firework has stopped shooting stars from the plate)

All in all, great service, tasty well presented food and nice drinks. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for sometimes. I would return here, definitely.

1  Thank hancouk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,866)

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Went here for a meal with my husband,food superb,good atmosphere and friendly waiting staff. The total bill was quite expensive three courses and wine, but they say you get what you pay for. Will be going back again soon.

1  Thank Gina G
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Haven't been for about 18 months. Shame on me. Had forgotten just how fantastic this restaurant is. In fact it is not a restaurant but an experience. Six of us had Sunday lunch and all six were highly delighted. The service is outstanding, the menus an absolute delight and the wine list is incomparable.
A fabulous lunch enjoyed by all followed by a very reasonable bill

1  Thank Thomas44_14
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went to Bibis at the end of April and hadn't been for a while. Although it wasn't that busy I have to say I was blown away with the standard of the food. It was always great but this visit reminded me just how great Bibis is after all these years. I will not leave it as long next time

1  Thank phileasfoggg
Bibis37, General Manager at Bibis Italianissimo, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank your your recent review. It is very flattering to be seen as a local legend particularly with us celebrating our 40th birthday next year.

We are all very much looking forward to the prospect of some exciting Birthday events... in true Bibis style!

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Best Regards,

Angelo Plazzi

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Disappointed no fillet steak on the main menu! until the waiter came round and the fillet steak was a special - so I ordered- PINK but no BLOOD. 7 of my colleagues had sirloin steak.
£25.50 for the fillet, which i thought was overpriced. To say I was very disappointed when my meal arrived is an understatement. The fillet was accompanied with a separate bowl of "FROZEN CHIPS" - it is not that hard to make home made chips!and that was it!!!! NO VEG< SAUCE< GARNISH. Remember PINK no BLOOD well someone needs to know what that means, half of the fillet steak left. Come on Bibis you are up against a lot of competition locally- my next visit will not be anytime soon

2  Thank andrea29082003

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent company night out at Bibis. I would like to offer my apologies that on this occasion your experience did not meet our usual high levels of service. If these concerns had been brought to the attention of the management team on the evening we would have been more than happy to rectify these problems. With regard to the chips, this has been addressed with our team of chefs.
With reference to your steak, when a quality steak is asked to be served pink, in order to achieve this a certain amount of juices have to remain in the meat which in turn give it the pink colour.
We hope this addresses your concerns and that you will visit Bibis again in the future.

Best Regards