“overrated and overpriced”

Bibis Italianissimo
Ranked #88 of 1,805 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Holbeck
Description: Bibis Italianissimo is an iconic and authentic Italian Restaurant and Cocktail Bar with an unrivalled reputation for serving authentic Italian cuisine and providing live entertainment in a truly stunning venue.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“overrated and overpriced”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've been to Bibis a few times, once at it's original location and thrice at the new place. Until the most recent visit I was suitably impressed enough to return but I was very disappointed on my last visit. The food was far from fresh, the starters were all priced more or less the same, iro £7 for garlic mushrooms and for daily specials which to me didn't seem value for money. The food overall was bland and felt like it had been sat all day. I was so disappointed as had gone for a special evening and paid as much as I would've paid at any decent eaterie and I felt cheated and dissatisifed. It felt like they had sold out and forgotten what Bibis was orginally about, great food and great atmosphere. Disappointing.

Visited March 2012
Bibis37, Public Relations Manager at Bibis Italianissimo, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hi Trina,
Many thanks for bringing your poor experience to our attention.
We are very sorry to hear that your most recent experience at Bibis was so negative. I will make sure we communicate your thoughts with our chefs and the front of house team. We are always seeking to improve and very appreciate much your comments.
I do hope that you will choose to dine at Bibis again and let us show you what wonderful food, drinks and service we can provide.
Kind regards,
Annabel

• Polish first
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“Nice venue”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Celebrated a birthday here recently and had some excellent food. I guess you pay a little on the high side but on balance we felt it was worth it and had a great evening.

Unfortunately there was no entertainment during our visit but this just made us think about returning to see a show as we really enjoyed ourselves. If you like art deco you will love this place.

• Visited December 2012
Huddersfield
“An aftertaste of the low life”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Bibis claim to offer a taste of the high life; high prices maybe but not high on taste. We went for a 21st B'day celebration to this destination facility. If you don't expect much on the food front and are prepared to accept the prices its fine. I would say that it would be good for parties of college kids being funded by the parents-possibly by the time you reach 21 you have seen and tasted better. Slightly offish waiter; the food doesn't warrant going beyond the house wine as an accompaniment- get over it!

• Visited January 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Christmas party disappointment”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Sunday shwing afternoon, at almost £30 for a 2 course christmas meal we expected extra trimmings. There was no bread, even with the soup, no truffles/chocolates with the coffee, I found a piece of bone in my pate and then had prosecco poured down my back by the waiter. We spent a lot on drinks for 10 people and when I complained to the waiters they weren't really interested. The only good thing was the live music!! The value for money and service was poor.

• Visited December 2012
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Complimentary Cluster[--]!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Me and my partner visited this restaurant recently, and all was going well until I discovered a hair in my food. A replacement wasn't available, due to no more mushrooms, so I chose something else, which was quickly sorted out. This was actually a blessing in disguise as my original main course was a lot smaller than I'd hoped for.

When we'd finished, we asked for the bill and the waiter returned with some chocolates instead, telling us it was "all on the house guys". A bit taken a back, we asked him to repeat what he'd said and again he said it was on the house. After eating the chocolates and still no bill arriving, we then left with some of the staff watching us go.

On attempting to pay for our car parking, we then turned round to see two of the waiters banging on the window, angrily accusing us of not paying. We told the head waiter what had happened and he said that is was only the chocolates that were on the house. I asked why a bill was not brought along with the chocolates and that we are not the types of people to just go off without paying. This man was so arrogant and he then had the nerve to stick a service charge on our bill which was soon removed.

Generally when something like this happens then you expect the restaurant to compliment one of your meals etc.
Perhaps the waiters could do with some training on how to communicate properly. Go here at your own risk. We most definitely won't return, after such a humiliating experience.

1 Thank Ade G