“Excellent - always!”

Sukhothai Chapel Allerton Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sukhothai Chapel Allerton Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 1,886 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The original Sukhothai is in Chapel Allerton suburb in North Leeds. Sukhothai are purveyors of the finest Thai cuisine and open for dinner serving authentic critically acclaimed thai cuisine every day. The only Thai to be isted in the Good Food Guide for 7 consecutive years.
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Eaten here a few times, above excellent. Food cooked to such a high quality. Staff very organised and friendly. Good value for money and good portion sizes. Best meal ive had for a long time.

There are newer reviews for Sukhothai Chapel Allerton Restaurant

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Attended here on a date night as not only good reviews, but personal recommendations and also taking into account the fact they have branched out into the city centre. Truly is a magical experience. Efficient service, attentive staff and very traditional ways of cooking. Absolutely superb food and having eaten at many Thai restaurants over the years, I would say this stacks up near the top.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Although I live over 200 miles away, I have eaten at this gem of a restaurant 5-6 times over the past few years - whenever the opportunity arises. Excellent menu (with inventive specials - the soft-shelled crabs were sublime) and attentive, friendly staff - and all at a fair and reasonable price.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have been dining here for years and I can honestly say I have NEVER had a bad meal or poor service here.... Ban who owns Sukhothai is so lovely and Pat the restaurant manager always looks after us so well.
We eat here a lot and never miss eating here every Xmas Eve without fail. I think I have tried nearly every dish on the menu and the food is so tasty, service is lovely and the restaurant is always busy (which a good restaurant should be!!).

My all time favourite is the Gai Tod Prik Gang....very spicy but amazing!

Sticky rice and mango for desert is to die for!

Eat here you will love the food and the service.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is one of our favourite restaurants in Leeds.

On this occassion we visited on a busy Saturday night. We were welcomed by all the staff with beaming smiles and the patience of a saint as we played musical chairs deciding where to sit whilst we waited for our guests to arrive.
The food was truly wonderful and the service attentive without being intrusive.
We had quite a range of dishes as some people wanted spicy food whilst others didn't. We shared the dishes and all were great, mixed starters and thai sausage along with a larb salad to start. Beef red curry, weeping tiger, chicken with garlic, beef with pinapple and tomatoes, and whole seabass grilled in a banana leaf, with rice and noodles as side dishes. If you are unsure what to have I would recommend the set meals as an introduction.
Whilst we were already big fans of Sukhothai, I think you can safely say our guests will also return here again.