“Lovely food”

Sukhothai Chapel Allerton Restaurant
Ranked #129 of 1,886 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The original Sukhothai is in Chapel Allerton suburb in North Leeds. Sukhothai are purveyors of the finest Thai cuisine and open for dinner serving authentic critically acclaimed thai cuisine every day. The only Thai to be isted in the Good Food Guide for 7 consecutive years.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

great decor, very pretty inside which gave the place a great atmosphere. Food was great too. Rather expensive and very very busy.

There are newer reviews for Sukhothai Chapel Allerton Restaurant

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our second visit here, having been much-impressed first-time around. Don't be put off by the bland exterior, the decor instantly transports you to the other side of the world and the warm wecome from attentive, beautifully attired (and many beautiful faces!) staff makes this a very relaxing atmosphere in which to sample the wide range of exquisitely presented meals on offer. Four meals with starters and sweets, with 2 coffees and a £13.95 bottle of red came to £90.45, excellent value we thought.
Booked for 7.30 on the Saturday after Xmas, the place was full and the next sittings were due at 9.30 but we had plenty of time to relax and never felt pushed to finish and move out. I was aware of another restaurant of theirs at Headingley but notice now that there is also one in the City centre.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Whilst I appreciate this review relates to a visit on New Years Eve to have to wait over 70 minutes between starter and main course with hardly a word of apology during that time, AND, for the first time in my experience, to view all of a fully occupied restaurant with no food on the tables was not only amazing but also totally unacceptable.

Obviously something disastrous occurred and it is a shame because the food, when it did arrive was good. Nonetheless the very bad service is reflected in my overall rating at a somewhat generous 2.

2  Thank Bernard35
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I visit this restaurant a couple of times a year with schoolfriends (although we are now in our 50's!!) and we love it. Food is excellent and staff are friendly and helpful. I have also taken family here to celebrate special occasions. I can thoroughly recommend Sukhothai.

BanKaewkraikhot, Owner at Sukhothai Chapel Allerton Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear S K,

Thank you for your very kind words regarding Sukhothai Chapel Allerton.

Look forward to seeing you and your school friends again soon!

Best wishes

Ban
Owner of Sukhothai Restaurants

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My favourite restaurant in North Leeds. The food is always consistent and delicious. The staff are courteous but can be slightly rushed if it is very busy. My personal recommendation would be the X2 (duck in an amazing sauce).

BanKaewkraikhot, Owner at Sukhothai Chapel Allerton Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Wow! Thanks Richard H... high praise indeed. I know the team really do a great job up there, but apologies if you feel a bit rushed when we are busy... they are just eager to please!

The X2 dish is a very popular choice and I hope you come back and see us soon!

Ban