“Dave & Shelly”

Ranked #174 of 1,894 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Free parking on main and side street cctv in operation
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We visited Rajas ( 28/6/14) on recommendation , we arrived at 6:30 pm to be warmly greeted to our table in a quiet corner .
The waiter was very friendly and we quickly ordered 2 large Cobras , the menu offered lots of choice and we settled for starters of Chicken Livers , Onion Bhaji , mains of the Khas Biryani , Karai Chicken and Peshwari naan .
The food came quickly and the portion size great just enough,tastes were fantastic and the naan so soft and fluffy !
The waiter came twice to ask if things were OK so plenty of attention !
We will definitely return even though we came from Wakefield

1  Thank David N

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Well worth a short journey out of the city centre.
The food is stunning. Best Indian cuisine outside of India.
The chefs specials are gorgeous.
You can also watch them cook as the kitchen is open.
The restaurant is a no frills environment & it's like a step back to India in feel.
The owner is a lovely friendly & proud man & rightly so.
Will go back next time I'm in Leeds.

2  Thank Mark L
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

We have been regularly eating at Raj's for several years, and although we have tried many curry houses nowhere comes close to the taste and service we receive here!! Cannot recommend highly enough!! Fresh currys made to your taste with excellent authentic naan breads,...Absolute superb experience!! Try it, the food is the best!!!!

1  Thank YorkshireMrG
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I always recommend this place to my friends and family. The food is 100% authentic and the taste cannot be beaten. Yummy yummy - it reminds me of food from India. The owner is extremely friendly and serves tables alongside the waiters - now that is something special.

3  Thank Sakshi B
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My wife and I ate here for the first time last night, and having gestational diabetes she was a bit bored of always having to lump for Chicken Tikka but wasn't sure what else she could eat. The owner was incredibly helpful and talked us through the ingredients of several dishes he thought would be appropriate. My wife had a kebab starter and a rich Chicken Punjabi main and her blood sugar reading was absolutely fine after the meal. She thoroughly enjoyed both dishes too. Double whammy!

I had a chicken puri starter which was superb, really tender. I had a Desi Fish for a main. I was actually given a Desi Chicken by mistake but the staff were so helpful and replaced it within minutes. The fish dish was fantastic and tasted really fresh and the parathas I ordered were seriously tasty too. My wife's main was a little too spicy for her and although it was not the restaurant's fault, the manager insisted on replacing it even though I was perfectly willing to swap my dish with my wife's.

I can't wait to go back here again - I think I may have found a new favourite. The smell is lovely, the food was great, the price was fair too but the service was excellent.

3  Thank KieronMc