“One and only!”

Ranked #166 of 1,871 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Free parking on main and side street cctv in operation
“One and only!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

20yrs a customer and never a bad meal, without doubt the best! Great team, great atmosphere and great value always

• Visited December 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
“The best food ever tasted”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have to say I wish I had found this restaurant years ago - how I missed this being under my nose all this time is beyond me.
I have NEVER tasted food so delicious - the chicken for example just melts in your mouth - my daughter would just turn her nose up at so called 'Indian' food until trying Raja's - oh boy... She can't get enough of This fabulous food
There is nowhere else I would eat since finding this little gem & make sure I tell everyone I can about it as I would put money on the fact they won't be disappointed .
The whole team are fantastic- polite courteous friendly smart efficient & so good at what they do- This place should have top spot in my opinion..

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank HelenH6721
“Bit disappointing but far from the worst”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Me and my fiancée visited after reading the great reviews.

Rajas does not have music playing and the atmosphere is slightly lacking.

The service was welcoming and efficient.

Starters were really good with big portions however this was reflected in the price!

The mains we had were a lot different from the 'same' mains you get at normal curry houses. They were of a good consistency, tasty, a little on the gritty side. Unfortunately my other half did get a dicky tummy from hers.

All in all we did enjoy the meal however I was not too happy at the price - over £60 for two people to have starters, mains, sides and a couple of drinks each. The cheeky thing was the 10% service charge which was added without permission - I probably would have paid a maximum of £50 in total.

We will not hurry back but it was worth the experience.

Bikrampalsingh, Owner at Raja's Restaurant, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
With respect ,you have reviewed seven premises and only one has been up to your standard.
Well! I would like to put my side.The menu / wine list is clearly priced, VAT & SERVICE printed in red and it's optional. .
starters from 1.20 to 5.75 And main courses from 6.50 to 10.95
We only charge for what you order. overeating and drinking does cause dicky belly ,agree
Truro, United Kingdom
“Well done, Dad!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Outnumbered three to one, it took lots of powers of persuasion for the whole family to take a punt on Dad's insistence that Raja's was a "must visit" on our mini-tour of the North. The friendly service of all the staff was ideal - helpful without being intrusive, but with a cheerfulness that only served to make the occasion even better. The three Indian cuisine novices were guided to their choices, and we were presented with some truly magnificent food. It was more than 20 years ago that I had first been into Raja's; one of the first times I had encountered a layout that gave you an insight into the magical work in the kitchen. To be able to take the family there, and for each and every one of them to enjoy the food, surroundings and staff, so much, was just wonderful. It was a calculated gamble on my part, but the family loved it, and the plan worked a treat. Being 350 miles away, we won't be regulars, but everyone is looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank 8golds218
“Amazing”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We have been eating @ Rajas for at least 25yrs.The Naan bread is the best we have ever had and we have travelled widely in India and Nepal it is superb.
You are always sure of a lovely,friendly welcome and the Murgh Muselam is to die for(The owner knows I have it every time we visit!!!!
The spices are always so fresh and you are always asked"Mild,medium or hot" so the taste is up to you.
Sometimes you may be seated next to a T.V personality or a consultant surgeon from the nearby St James teaching hospital.
Great value for money also.

• Visited November 2013