“Excellent Meal”
Review of Dough Bistro

Dough Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Dough Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #421 of 1,886 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We took up an Amazon Local voucher offer for the 7 course taster menu and opted in for the flight of matching wines and drinks. The food was outstanding, equally meeting the standards of food we have had in other fine dining establishments. The smoked salmon rissotto screamed out with flavour and all the dishes were well presented and delicious. The wines and drinks perfectly complemented the dishes they were served with. My only criticism is that whilst the food was of the highest standard, the quality of service wasn't. Not that there was anything wrong, our waitress was polite and efficient, it just didn't quite match the food. Dough has now been added to the top of our list of favourite local restaurants.

2  Thank mdhills
There are newer reviews for Dough Bistro

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I'd been to Dough quite a few times before so I knew it was good, but it honestly gets better with each visit. No exception was January's Game and Ale Night. All five course were delicious and very well put together but the Rabbit spring rolls, Seared venison and Confit leg of duck (don't leave the skin!) stood out for me. And then there were the ales...great beers ranging from the light (and new to me) Leeds Hellfire to the dark and classic Theakston’s Old Peculier. They went with the food perfectly, as was to be expected when selected by a published beer-writer and ale sommelier. It was really interesting hearing Leigh talk a bit about each ale and give us hints on what to look out for. The same goes for Luke's short introductions of the different dishes. Loved the game and loved the ale, but together they added up to much more than the sum of their parts. A great night - interesting, informative, and most importantly, delicious!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Lovely Bistro serving high class restaurant quality food. Locally sourced produce with a menu which is changed often means you will not be disappointed with the quality and choices available.
Served in a friendly atmoshere, not pretentious like some restaurants serving food of this quality, the service is attentive and staff have a good knowledge of the products and menus.

We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience and the Dough Bistro is now on our list of favourite places to eat

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This was my first time at dough, wow! Forget the negative reviews! don't let them make you miss the opportunity to try this top notch restaurant!

Previous reviewers mention the setting being too dark to read a menu! I would like to contest this suggestion. I did not need a torch like reviewers have suggested! The waitress was more than happy to spend time talking to me about their menu which I could see clearly in the ambient lighting. She made a point of giving me enough time to think about my choices without making me feel like I was cattle being rushed in and out of the restaurant as quick as possible. The waitress ensured that I was happy with my selection of wine and suggested options that would compliment my meal choice.

I was honoured after the meal to meet the chef, he visited our table and spent time talking with us about the restaurant and the locally sourced produce. When the food arrived it was so delicately presented! The waitress ensured that we were satisfied and left us to continue with our meal. I am used to frequenting restaurants of a decent standard, DOUGH really DIDN'T let me down! Its location means its slightly away from the city centre so parking was not an issue, the atmosphere was pleasant and there was no rush for us to complete our meal considering the venue was near to full capacity!

I am giving this restaurant a 5 star rating overall! In my opinion this does not just include the food and service but also the atmosphere, cleanliness and effort to keep their menu revolving! It is not very often that you can find a little gem tucked away amongst the chain restaurants! I'm really looking forward to a return visit next month! I will without hesitation be using this venue to entertain both corporate guests and friends in the future as my restaurant of choice when visiting Leeds.

1  Thank Raeoracle
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We've been to Dough many times over the years and I was a bit concerned when reading some of the recent reviews, however not any more as the quality of the food is as good as ever. Dough is quite unique but that's its appeal! It's not the biggest smartest restaurant around, but the food is some of the best in Leeds. My only surprise is that even though it's now licenced you can still bring your own bottle (although some seem to want to abuse this!) To Luke and the team, keep up the good work, we'll be back.