“Pleasant Thai Meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Thai Edge - Leeds

Thai Edge - Leeds
Ranked #92 of 1,805 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Thai Meal”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Went for dinner here on a Saturday night at around 7pm. Had no reservation but were seated immediately.

Waiters were extremely pleasant and attentive, and we were served quickly.

I started with the tempura vegetables which were lovely. And the portion size was very generous. They came with a nice sweet dipping sauce. Boyfriend had scallops, which he said were also very nice.

Main courses were green chicken curry and a sweet and sour battered fish dish that I can't remember the name of. I'm not very familiar with Thai food, but the chicken was a little bit of a disappointment, with little gristly bits that I had to cut off. The fish dish - I am told - was nice, but a bit too sweet for my boyfriend's tastes. We each also had sticky rice which was fine.

Dessert was a chocolate pot with pieces of fruit - which was also very sickly, and a chocolate pudding with caramel ice cream. The pudding was really nice. Dense sponge with a chocolate sauce. Should have left off the ice cream though, turned out to be a bit too much when put together!

Getting the bill was somewhat of a difficulty. It took ages to attract the attention of a waiter, who once he had brought our bill over, disappeared for a good 15 minutes! Resulting in us having to pay at the counter on our way out. All in all, a nice meal but not sure if the visit would be repeated.

London
“Awesome!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We make a point of visiting the Thai Edge every time we are in Leeds, we absolutely love it and have never had a bad meal.
I think the food is a little expensive but you certainly get what you pay for. Delicious food, huge choice, great service and lovely surroundings, highly recommended.

London, United Kingdom
“Large restaurant, snappy service but....”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Had I known that Thai Edge is part of a chain, we would have eaten elsewhere. It's a successful chain because the service is quick and attentive and the food is fine. The menu is enormous - and explains the four main traditions of Thai cooking in relation to geography and regional influences.

Given the size of the menu, my experience may not be representative, but the noodles were merely passable and the Gai Nong Khai Special (@ £10.80) was pleasant, but certainly not special. There was nothing distinctive about the stir-fried vegetables, either, not the hint of a fresh flavours in the whole meal. My daughter ordered the fried bananas for dessert and they came with a sorbet, instead of the ice-cream described. From the taste, they hadn't been cooked in fresh oil.

And two of the three toilets in the ladies did not have functioning locks.

This branch of Thai Edge was pretty full and the diners seemed to be happily chomping away, but it's not the place for me.

North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Ate early on a Saturday night, even then it was busy. Staff were very helpful with suggestions as three of the party hadn't eaten Thai before . Food was excellent & the portions & the content of portions were first class. I enjoy Thai food & when I am in Leeds again I would definitely return. Only minus point, trying to get a drink during the meal, lots of staff standing around doing nothing when they could have been attending to tables. This happened to at least three other tables around us. Had to get up to get the young ladies attention! I would score the service much lower but the staff were very helpful with menu choices.

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“very good!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Me and my partner got into this restaurant pretty much by chance as it was the closest one on the way home and we were hungry. I love the interior from the moment i stepped in, the dinning area itself has just the right amount of light, not too much, but not dark either.
We had the special menu with delicious starters on a beautiful plateu followed by the main course. Lots of food! Initially I thought we had to choose each of us between , veggie, pork, beef and chicken dish, but actually we got them all as part of the menu. Chicken curry was spicy but delicious and the pork was nicely cooked with. We topped everything with a fired vanilla ice cream which was to die for!
Good cocktails as well if you're in the mood for something else than beer or wine.
I am was not that impressed with the service, they were quite slow and every time we got served there was another waiter/waitress. Also, they didn't really take the time to explain the dishes, we had to ask for that.
Decently priced as well for the quality and amount of food.