“excellent lunchtime deal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thai Edge - Leeds

Thai Edge - Leeds
Ranked #95 of 1,790 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Leeds
“excellent lunchtime deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Would highly recommend the lunch time meal deal available. 2 courses for a set price (can't remember exactly how much). excellent food, and service, however the restaurant was eerily empty. Not sure why because we loved it!

Visited December 2012

killer_butterflies
“Definitely better a la carte than buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have reviewed Thai Edge before very negatively both for the food and the service but felt I owed them another.

I ate here one Friday night in March with a very large group. We were on time to our reservation but still had to wait for our table.

Orders were taken fairly quickly but staff did not ask everyone if they wanted drinks so some people were missed. They also took my order wrong despite me repeating it several times, although I still got something that was nice, whatever it was. They used what appeared to be a pretty efficient system for ordering so everyone got their order as quickly as possible, but naturally some people were eating at different times.

My food was nice, and better than previous visits, but I do prefer Sukhothai, the service is better and friendlier and it feels more authentic, Thai Edge feels too modern and clinical and not Thai, the restaurant interior could be anywhere.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Leeds
“Very good city centre Thai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We took the family on a Sunday night - 2 adults and five teenagers. Nice choice of food. Well cooked. Good service and pleasant staff. We have been several times and never disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“There are better Thai restaurants”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

This restaurant is very well decorated and plush inside, so if its setting your after then you cannot fault it. The starters were very good indeed, I cannot recommend the steamed scallops enough however the mains were just average, nothing wow I'm afraid. The drinks were very slow to arrive and had to be prompted a few times. Overall I have eaten here a few times, always with a voucher as without it would be too expensive. Personally I much prefer other Thai's in and around Leeds.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Puttachat K, Owner at Thai Edge - Leeds, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Many thanks for your recent review I'm glad you enjoyed the decor and steamed scallops so is my favourite too. But I'm very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy the mains, you also stated that our price is expensive. Please try our different menu offers as;
Sunday Buffet Lunch £10.95, evening £13.95
Monday-Saturday Lunch £8.50 2 course meal
Monday-Saturday Evening £12 2 course meal
Our dishes are freshly prepare and most of the ingredients are imported from Thailand.

All of your feedback are very important to us. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Very best wishx
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great early-bird”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We did Friday night per-theatre dinner which was £8.50 for 2 courses with prawn crackers. The service was great and the food was faultless. I had spare ribs and a jungle curry which is made without coconut milk.

We didn't get enough rice but they brought lots more when we asked.

The only downside was that a large lime and soda was £3.60 which seemed excessive. They also charged an optional 10% service charge and I prefer to leave my own.

Overall a great deal and we'll be back for more.

Visited April 2013