“Great food and service”

Ranked #63 of 1,838 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chaophraya (pronounced Chao-phra-yaa) offers the ultimate Thai fine dining experience. Named after the Chao Phraya River, Thailand’s main waterway, diners are taken on a journey; tasting fresh ingredients, flavours and cooking methods typical of each of its unique regions.Once reopened on 19th October Chaophraya will provide the ultimate Thai bar and restaurant experience in Leeds, we will present a fusion of delicious cuisine with a luxurious bar and fantastic atmosphereChaophraya will offer extensive lunchtime and à la carte menus as well as signature dishes created by our expert chefs, along with free Wi-Fi and delicious coffees, guests can enjoy a lunchtime pit stop, relaxing in the comfy surroundings. Thai tapas will be served from midday everyday and a Sunday Champagne Brunch will be available for those in search of a little luxury. Come evening time, the new bar will offer a refreshing array of drinks from Thailand and beyond. Wines, spirits and liquors have all been expertly selected as well as Chaophraya’s brand new signature beer, Yom.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The food and service was great and the atmosphere and decor was very welcoming . The only downside was we felt the food was brought out a bit too quickly i.e. As soon as the starter plate was removed our main was there straight after . Will visit again

Visited December 2013

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“New Years Eve Chaophraya Style”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Myself and a group of friends dined here on New Year’s and must say the experience from start to end was brilliant. I booked it sometime before and even though there was a large group of us they let us book without paying a hefty deposit (as most places were charging on NYE) and did not charge when 3 people let us down on the actual day and cancelled due to circumstances.

I have visited Chaophraya a few times before but not since the transformation downstairs of the bar and restaurant extension – we were thoroughly impressed and actually preferred sitting downstairs rather than upstairs.

My only gripe of the evening was that we didn’t get sat down until 40 minutes after our table was booked in for at 9pm and because it was so late we were all starving but I believe they were waiting for our table to become free so not really the restaurant fault and they did apologise for the delay.

We opted for banqueting menu and as there was 7 of us ordered of different priced ones. The waiter also was more than happy to substitute the prawn dishes with another option for my sister in law who is pregnant.

The food was delicious…..all dishes extremely tasty and served promptly. The prawns to die for and were huge! The waiting staff/service absolutely faultless and even though we were buying drinks separately the restaurant waiters were still more than happy to get these for us from the bar when the restaurant was a bit quieter as oppose to us having to wait at the bar which was a massive bonus for us.

I’d purposely booked the table slightly later as we were told that bookings 9pm or after had the table for the evening so after we had finished our food we saw in the New Year and then left at about 1am.

Myself and my group all had a thoroughly enjoyable time and even better I have now been emailed a voucher to use during January for 25% off my food bill so will definitely be returning very soon. I have to say that this is probably one of my favourite restaurants in Leeds and will be more than happy to recommend to friends & family. :)

Batley, W Yorkshire
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Dined here for the first time on new years eve and it won't be the last!!!! The food and service was excellent. Coconut Mojitos are a must. Cannot wait for our next visit.

Sheffield
“Pleasant atmosphere great attentive staff”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Our fourth visit in around the same amount of months on New Years Eve. We travel from Sheffield to the resturant, and each time have had a brilliant experience. Staff are polite and courteous. The food is beautiful & my hubby and myself make sure we have something different everytime. This last visit I tried weeping tiger as I had heard such raving reviews, but I must say I wouldn't rush to have it again, I prefer massaman lamb curry only because I enjoy a sauce with my food.....overall a fantastic evening, we will be making another trip soon.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“New year treat!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Chaopraya is my favourite restaurant in leeds. Gorgeous food and amazing service what more could you want? It didn't fail to please us all for new year either! Balloons and decorations were added for the event however, everything else was the same. Can't wait until we go again; even considered booked for my 21st birthday!

Visited December 2013