“Consistently excellent in my weekly dinner routine”

Sous le Nez en Ville
Ranked #40 of 1,837 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Description: It's all about a different atmosphere. It's about good food. It's about good service and attention to detail.So no wonder the long-established Sous Le Nez is one of the most acclaimed restaurant and winebars in Leeds. In fact, our award winning basement bar and bistro - in a handy, city centre location - has been providing mouthwatering food to Leeds diners for over 15 years. Our wine list is as unusual as it is extensive, and our lunchtime and evening menus are creative and very popular. And our portions are huge too!
Espinho, Portugal
“Consistently excellent in my weekly dinner routine”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This is a restaurant where I've been dinning since Nov 2013 and is time to say how excellent it is.

This is the perfect choice if you are looking for a great taste experience of healthy food. I got convinced in the first time with the great Venison steak, which was such an incredible taste experience. Never had imagine such a nice combination of flavours. Currently, I've been trying to be even more healthier and the fish options are also amazing, which go just perfectly with their nice daily soup. My most interesting experience with the fish was the swordfish, simply fantastic.

Every dish is very low on carbs and therefore most of them have on the side different stylish and tasty vegetables.

The last and on top of all that, the wine list they have is amazing. Even being there every single week, it will be quite difficult to go through all of it. But, if a big wine list is a problem to choose, no worries, ask the restaurant manager about a good option for your meal and I'm sure you will be surprise, as I have been most of the times.

I've been trying several other restaurants in Leeds, but for the price/quality I'm looking for, I've never found better.

I'm a Portuguese food lover and I'm sure you will be surprised by the experiences you can have here.

Enjoy!

1 Thank StrongGod
S H, Public Relations Manager at Sous le Nez en Ville, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Hello, thank you for taking time to write your review. First of all, we would like to thank you for your wonderful compliment about Sous le Nez being one of the best restaurants in Leeds for quality. It is great to hear that you have continually enjoyed our food and found it to not only be healthy but tasty, in particular the award-winning Yorkshire Venison Steak. Our staff work hard to provide our diners with delicious food combined with knowledgeable service and we will be sure to pass your comments onto our them. We hope to welcome you back soon.

• Turkish first
Gomersal, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food very good service”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We visited here on Saturday night. I had scallops then the pork. Both was gorgeous.
The pork was belly pork and pork fillet wrapped in filo pastry, it melted in my mouth.
Had a nice bottle of house champagne.
Really enjoyed it and will defiantly go back.
I've been to this restaurant several times before.

• Visited August 2014
Hello, thank you for your review of our restaurant. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience and the food, in particular the Roasted Pork Fillet main course. Hopefully, we can continue to welcome you back to Sous le Nez.
scotland
“Busy, busy, busy”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

If it is a quiet , discreet evening you seek, then abandon hope all ye who enter here. Nevertheless if you don't mind a buzz of diners seeking the cheap early evening deal, then the good and service will not disappoint . The kitchen copes well and the wine list is very interesting

• Visited August 2014
S H, Public Relations Manager at Sous le Nez en Ville, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Hello and thank you for your review of our restaurant. As we are a city centre restaurant we do, at times, get very busy which gives the restaurant a lively buzz and atmosphere. With that in mind, we are pleased to hear that our diners have received satisfying service during busy and quiet periods, with your case being no exception. We pride ourselves on our extensive wine list and we are happy to hear that you recognised our interesting selection. Hopefully, we can welcome you back to Sous le Nez one day soon.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Always a pleasure”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

My latest visit to Sous Le Nez was on Friday evening, and as usual everything about this place was divine. First, drinks in the bar: the service was first class, the wine superb, and the atmosphere very cosy. A pleasure to be there and to relax in this wonderful setting. Moving in to the restaurant for dinner: the service again was exceptional (as always). The food was SUPERB, without fault and truly delicious. The wine, again, was exceptional. The atmosphere was happy and lively (due to a party of ladies, and another of chaps quite near to where we were seated). My guests and I had a superb evening - without fault, and exceptionally enjoyable. I will be back soon for another wonderful evening - Sous Le Nez always delights and never disappoints.

2 Thank Sparr0wHawk
Hello, thank you for your positive feedback on Sous le Nez. We are delighted that you and your guests had a lovely time with us and enjoyed everything from the atmosphere to the food and drink. It is always good to hear that our staff have delivered exceptional service throughout a diner's visit and we will be sure to pass your kind comments on. We hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.
York
“Fantastic meal”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I visited on Wed evening with two friends and we all had the Early Bird menu which as usual did fail to meet our expectations...it was all delicious!! We were apprehensive about our booking prior to coming as we has read the previous comments regarding poor service but can honestly say the attention and service by all the staff was top class and along with the excellent meal made the evening a wonderful night out! Well worth a visit!

2 Thank Karen142
Hello, first of all, thank you for visiting us at Sous le Nez and for writing a review about your experience. We are pleased to hear that you found the food you ordered to be delicious and that you received a high standard of service throughout your visit. We work hard to provide all of our diners with quality food and attentive service, and will pass your comments on to our staff. We hope to welcome you back soon.