“My favourite restaurant in Leeds”

Sous le Nez en Ville
Reserve with OpenTable
Sous le Nez en Ville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 1,982 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Description: It's all about a different atmosphere. It's about good food. It's about good service and attention to detail.So no wonder the long-established Sous Le Nez is one of the most acclaimed restaurant and winebars in Leeds. In fact, our award winning basement bar and bistro - in a handy, city centre location - has been providing mouthwatering food to Leeds diners for over 15 years. Our wine list is as unusual as it is extensive, and our lunchtime and evening menus are creative and very popular. And our portions are huge too!
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We go here far too much but love the menu and the atmosphere! The sommelier is fab, and remembers the type of wine that we love which is a great touch. Would highly recommend.

S H, Public Relations Manager at Sous le Nez en Ville, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Firstly thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is always nice to hear from our regulars especially with such great feedback. We will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed October 26, 2012

After trying to call Sous le Nez for around an hour I got through at 11.45am, I wanted to purchase gift vouchers as a wedding present for my friend. I was told they were available but not to bother going to purchase them during my lunch hour - I was told 'Sous Le Nez is a very popular restaurant', and apparently 'the staff won't have time to serve you'.

Although the gentleman on the phone thanked me for my understanding I wasn't impressed and will be sending my friend elsewhere. The food sounds lovely but I'm not tempted to try it in case the other staff make me feel like an idiot too....

S H, Public Relations Manager at Sous le Nez en Ville, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Many thanks for your honest and frank review. I’m sorry that you weren’t able to purchase the gift vouchers as hoped. Please accept our apologies that we couldn’t deal with your request when you called.

I’m not sure why you were unable to get through for up to an hour; I was present myself from 10am onwards and saw all calls being answered and dealt with promptly. Our records show that you called at 12.15pm, which is traditionally when we start getting busy. I did hear my colleague take the call and explain the situation and realise it must have been very frustrating to hear. I can only apologise again that he was unable to deal with your request there and then. We are aware that answering calls is an issue during busy periods and are working to find a solution. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

We really hope that despite what you say, we can welcome you into the restaurant in future. Perhaps you could make yourself known to staff if you do so that we can rectify your experience.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I return to this restaurant regularly.

The food and wine are fantastic - I always enjoy each visit and also love the fact that my telephone cannot get a signal in the reastaurant. This means even more of a relaxing time...

Also try the Epoisses cheese - it is delicious.

S H, Public Relations Manager at Sous le Nez en Ville, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Firstly thank you for taking the time to write a review, and for such positive feedback. It is always nice to hear from our regulars and we will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Visited Sous le Nez on a Friday night in October 2012 with my wife and 2 friends. The restaurant was very busy but service was attentive nad friendly throughout. The quality of the food was very good, I had the lamb with a side order of dauphinoise potatoes that complemented the lamb perfectly. The venison and monkfish were equally good. The wine list is extensive with some eyepoppingly priced bottles of good vintages from most regions. However we found some good quality wines in the £20-£30 range. Average price based on our visit was around £28 per person for a main course, side dish, wine and service. Will certainly return.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review, and also for your positive feedback. It is much appreciated and hopefully we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Visited for the 1st time for our anniversary meal. They had mistakenly booked us in for next weekend, but managed to find us a table. The chap was extremely apologetic regarding his error, but everyone makes mistakes from time to time. The wine list was impressive and extensive! We opted for a house Chenin at a very reasonable price of £16, and it was very pleasant. The food was very well presented, and of a very good standard in terms of quality and taste. My only slight disappointment was my monkfish fillet was quite tough and chewy. Not being a monkfish expert, I wasn't sure if this was how it should be, so didn't mention anything. My husbands pork dish was cooked to perfection, and he throughly enjoyed it. Side dishes to accompany the mains, are c£3 each, so this quickly pushes a main course price to just above £20 in our case. Service was friendly, and not rushed. Overall, a very nice experience, and we would return. However, we probably couldn't afford to visit every week!

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write us a review, and also for choosing to have your anniversary meal with us.
I am pleased you enjoyed your evening with us overall, however I would like apologise for the monkfish as it shouldn’t have been tough or chewy. Next time please do mention to us if you don’t think something is right.
Hopefully we will be welcoming you back at some point in the near future.