“Lovely night out”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leeds City Centre
Description: It's all about a different atmosphere. It's about good food. It's about good service and attention to detail.So no wonder the long-established Sous Le Nez is one of the most acclaimed restaurant and winebars in Leeds. In fact, our award winning basement bar and bistro - in a handy, city centre location - has been providing mouthwatering food to Leeds diners for over 15 years. Our wine list is as unusual as it is extensive, and our lunchtime and evening menus are creative and very popular. And our portions are huge too!
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Visited with 11 friends on Saturday night. We had the early bird a set meal 3 courses and wine for £24.99. Lots to choose from, all the food was beautiful especially the steak and the stick toffee pudding was to die for.
I will deffinately be returning.

There are newer reviews for Sous le Nez en Ville

Reviewed August 6, 2011

Great service, very cheerful and friendly, and quick. We had the £25 3 course and half a bottle of wine set menu which had a great choice (only 1 starter and main for the veggies though) and we delicious. Would recommend to all friends. Great atmosphere

Reviewed August 3, 2011

I have eaten here many times when visiting Leeds. Although in a basement ,don't let this put you off. It's a top class bistro that delivers food to a consistent quality every time. This is a restaurant you can recommend to friends and not be embarrassed. I have never had a poor meal in the past seven years that I have eaten there. Service is slick the staff are on the ball and know what they are doing. Wines can be a bit pricey, wine by the glass can be killer so buy a bottle.
It is really popular for special occasions so can get a bit noisy and boisterous when the drink kicks in . just ask the manager for a quiet table.
All in all, great little bistro

Reviewed July 26, 2011

I have been here plenty of times before because of the consistently excellent standard of food served here (with the exception of one time when they served up curdled creme brulee!!)

Therefore, when we were deciding on our work's Christmas meal, I had a chat with our co-ordinator and managed to persuade her to go with Sous le Nez rather than other chain restaurants, as I said, you're guaranteed to get good quality food here at Christmas, and won't fail where many other restaurants do when they can't handle large tables during Christmas even though they serve up a limited choice of dishes.

I was wrong. Quite a few of us had the beef wellington, and were all so disappointed that the beef was very well done and tough as old boots. The shared vegetables as usual were cooked quite well but there were no roast potatoes! What's a Christmas dinner with no roast potatoes? Also wait variations for courses within the group, i.e. some people had finished their starters whilst some were still waiting, but I guess that's no different than other venues...

Can anyone recommend a decent venue in Leeds for our Christmas meal this year?!

2  Thank H0w_it_is
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I have been going to Sous le nez for about 11 years. In all this time we have NEVER had a bad experience. For my husband's 40th birthday we hired the private room and invited 14 friends.

JD the manager looked after us impeccably. Thoughtful, polite and professional are all words I would use to describe him. The service we received was brilliant.

The food was perfect as always. I had crayfish to start, fllet of dorade for main and creme brulee to finish. Every course served beautifully. And so delicious!

The bar stocks a huge variety of beers/wines/spirits including a number of beers on tap.

We have been to a number of michelin starred restaurants - and in my opinion Sous le Nez is as good and or even better.

May we keep going for another 11 years, and then another 11 after that!

Sous le Nez we love you and now our friends do too!