“Great for vegans =)”

Ranked #353 of 1,962 Restaurants in Leeds
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I went to Hansa's last night as a late mother's day treat for my mum. I am vegan and absolutely love any restaurant that takes the effort to label their vegan dishes, which Hansa's do. I had the daal and my dad ordered the vegan thali to share with me. The pickle tray was fantastic and the main meals were great, the only complaint I have is that they were all on the hot side and I couldn't finish my daal because of that. The staff were friendly though, and even my fiancé, who does not like Indian food, enjoyed his meal!

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Awesome restaurant in the heart of Leeds, truly authentic North Indian food prepared with care. Service was great and food was prepared in reasonable amount of time! Great choices on the menu with respect to drinks, meals and snacks. A must try for everyone!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Having lived for years in Leicester and Brighton, we've been spoiled for choice for both Indian and Vegetarian restaurants, but we certainly weren't disappointed here. We initially had difficulty choosing as no one dish leapt off the page, so we had a spread of firstly starters then mains between the four of us, and swapped about. There's nothing worse than four different orders all arriving looking the same colour...but that certainly wasn't the case here - each looked different and tasted great, spiced and flavoured just right. The prices are very reasonable for a major city centre, and we had the customary chat with the owners! Very enjoyable!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I am in Leeds for work and had heard/read about Hansa's, so I thought I would give it a try. I am very glad I did, as I received a warm welcome as a lone-diner along with really delicious food and a lovely chat with both Hansa & Kish. Just wish I lived locally!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The food and overall experience recently was absolutely fantastic. Fair prices and discreet service . Hansa herself as welcoming as ever. Vegetarian food at its best!