“Overrated”
Review of Brasserie Forty 4

Brasserie Forty 4
Ranked #13 of 1,829 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: The Calls
Description: Bright, chic Brasserie Forty 4 is an informal waterfront restaurant in the vibrant Calls area of central Leeds. Under the beamed ceiling, a contemporary cream and wood interior with a lively mix of business and casual diners adds to the cosmopolitan buzz. An attractive bistro-style menu has soaked up plenty of Mediterranean flavour, while an early bird option offers set courses for those who want to eat and run.
Manchester
“Overrated”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Wholly disappointed with the food. It was bland. Our sides came out cold. Service was ok. Totally overpriced and overrated.

1 Thank Amrita100

Chester, United Kingdom
“Deserves its great reputation.”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Not knowing Leeds and having to organise a Christmas lunch for five old colleagues, I was a little apprehensive booking the Brasserie Forty 4 sight unseen etc. I need not have been concerned, the restaurant was all that my fellow Trip advisors had written. Despite there being several very large Christmas lunches going on, our food came to the table course by course all together and what food it was. Our whole party praised the food and I can honestly say I had the best Venison ever. Friendly, efficient staff and a great atmosphere made this Christmas meal one we shall all remember. Thank you Brasserie Forty 4.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Truly Outstanding”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Went for lunch on a very quiet Monday lunch time. No idea why it was so quiet as this place is amazing. Maybe as it's not usually open on Mondays, which in itself is a shame? Anyway, we were greeted warmly and never rushed, even when at the end we were the last few in the restaurant! We had a fantastic table overlooking the river. Saw some great things passing by, but really, you had to be there to appreciate this!
We were given the wine list, which has an excellent choice of wines to suit all tastes and occasions. We opted for the white Pinot Grigio, which was lovely.
We were served warm bread rolls with butter and black olive tapenade. Now I don't usually like olives, although I wish I did, but I tried this and loved it!
The food menu is wonderful, and apparently changed every 8 weeks. A great combination of flavours, tastes and types of food. Everything we had was outstanding, from the delicious pork fillet in brandy and cream sauce to the ham hock terrine and the side vegetables. Everything was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious!
Dessert was the icing on the cake. I am a huge fan of creme brulee and as such I have tasted many variations of this dessert. But I have to say, this was was the nicest I've had anywhere. I'd actually go back just for this!
I really can't comment on the atmosphere as there were so few people there, but I can imagine on an evening or busy lunch time this place is perfect. It was still perfect today.
Service was impeccable. Friendly, welcoming and attentive, and most importantly interested.
I will definitely be back here and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere of good quality to eat in Leeds.

Leeds
“Brasserie 44 birthday meal”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I wanted to go somewhere special that would get me away from the 'Christmas rush' as my birthday is in December. Brasserie 44 was perfect. The service was exceptional, the food excellent and overall just what I wanted. We had the A La Carte Menu - very very nice. Will definitely go again. The early bird menu looks very interesting.

Worthing
“Great find”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We ate here as we were staying at the Jury's Inn in Leeds so it was a spontaneous meal out we hadn't booked but that wasn't a problem . The staff were friendly and welcoming and the food was delicious from the warm roll with olive tapenade to the choc brownie . All lovely . I had the veggie option it was gorgeous home made pie . Will definitely come back when were in Leeds again . Also worth mentioning - it was warm in the restaurant I'm often cold and that can take the enjoyment out if meals out !