“Amazing Experience”

Ranked #23 of 1,915 Restaurants in Leeds
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2014

This is one of the best eating experiences I have had. Each course is done with such attention to detail and tastes outstanding. The overall atmosphere of the restraunt is very relaxed and attentive. The surprise factor and the art of each dish cannot be replicated. The accompanying drinks menu really makes the evening something special. Michael is also willing to chat to customers and has a really welcoming aura. The only critiscism my partner and I had that despite having 12 courses he was still hungry at the end of the evening. And whilst the taster menu is a great option it would also be good to have option of a la carte in the evening so that a main course can fill that void. Would recommend to anyone for a special occasion though

2  Thank D55aphnes

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We popped in for lunch last Friday to see how Michael O'hares new restauraunt was doing since leaving York. Answer, fantastic !! Keep going Michael, with raw langoustine's you will conquer the world.

2  Thank Richard S
Reviewed August 24, 2014

My wife and I went on a saturday lunch to try out this restaurant after reading rave reviews on your site. It did not dissapoint from the staff to the food it was top class. Everything on the the menu was explained to us before we ordered it was simply devine. Just remember this is a place which is all about taste not quantity so beware anyone who is big eater this may not suit. My only minor issue is that £5.00 for a bottle of water is too much especially when tap water was available but not offered. Also the wine list is a little over the top I would suggest a good house wine at say £15.00 would be good. However if you want something different for a special occasion give it a try.

2  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed August 23, 2014

For me, the experience at TMBTC is up there with the likes of Heston Blumenthal, and you can't get more impressive than that.

I have read a number of the reviews, and really, it has been said before .

However, we must be proud that such a talented chef is working in Leeds and has not migrated to London. The level of approbation thus far is clearly such that there is a very good chance of keeping him here. And it seems unlikely from his attitude,that he will expand and loose his originally and touch of genius.

1  Thank exclusivetraveller
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This place was on my list to places to try so we went one midweek evening recently.
The door of the shop is manned by a very nice doorman on your arrival who shows you to the lift, when getting out on the top floor we were greeted warmly by a lovely lady.
There is no bar here, so straight to your table it is.

We had a fair idea of what we were buying into as the menu is online to see and of course all the many positive reviews on here have made it clear too.
The photos of the food and restaurant are accurate as well.

This was my third tasting menu in as many weeks and I have to say that the presentation was the best of them all, the way the food is served is very pleasing on the eye and no expense has been spared with the wonderful creative things it is served on (some from an amazing shop in York).
However it was not my favourite tasting menu of all the ones I have had recently, maybe that is just down to personal taste though.
I did feel that even though you get a lots courses they are all so very tiny.

Michael was a lovely softly spoken gentleman (with a great pair of shoes on) and all the team around him and front of house are excellent too.
I can not rate them highly enough as they had the right balance of being friendly whilst remaining professional.
It did lack atmosphere the evening we went due to their only being about 16 diners in that evening, I feel sure the weekend nights it would be full and buzzing though and would help with that.
We did enjoy our evening out there as the food experience was good, however the food and the place did not really do it for me as much as other places like this have, but I am sure that is down to personal taste.

Our total bill was just short of £200 including a bottle of wine and two drinks before we ordered, 10% service charge is added on to your bill by the way.

We wish you all success in the new place.

4  Thank whatnamecaniuse