“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Original Oak

The Original Oak
Ranked #35 of 150 Nightlife in Leeds
More attraction details
Owner description: Local pub in the middle of Headingley showing all the sports action from Sky and BT, with an iconic beer garden and a big screen. Come enjoy a delicious meal from our diverse menu along with a cold refreshing drink from one of our drinks package deals. Or why not try one of our local brewery real ales with alternating guest ales. Celebrating? Our versatile function room is perfect for any occasion. Open every morning for breakfast until the late evening, we look forward to seeing you here at The Original Oak.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent service”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have been drinking/dining in The Original Oak for many years now and I have never received service as good as that off Jake. He was charming and delivered drinks speedily! Having worked in bars and restaurants for 8 years I thought it was worth a mention that the service was excellent and I was fully satisfied with the whole day! The beer garden is the biggest perk and my club sandwich was delicious. I most definitely recommend the potato
wedges! I will be back soon enough!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Renee P

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Crickets loss, our gain”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Travelled down from Glasgow with a friend to meet up with my brother and a minibus full of mates from Lincoln to enjoy the first days play of the second Test v New Zealand. Met in the Original Oak at 9:00 for a full English and an early pint. £4:95 proved excellent value for a mammoth breakfast accompanied by a fine Tetley bitter - a perfect start to the day. Unfortunately the whole days play was rained off but fortunately the pub , staff, ale , lunchtime BBQ and whole atmosphere meant we stayed for a full 12 hours!! What more to say-a great place to go and I would imagine its even better on a summers day with a massive beer garden, BBQ and giant screen. Overall well impressed. Shame about the cricket!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank 1LincolnImp1
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Good for Sunday lunch”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I went there with my family for Sunday lunch. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the food was pretty good for the price. No complaints.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank simonshaw58
Birkdale, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Nasty arrogant bouncers - this place has an attitude problem”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

At what point did pubs stop accepting stag parties on the Otley run???

We were a small well behaved stag party of just 10 people (all over 30 years old) and we were denied entrance at 5pm in the afternoon (pub was empty)... The silly thing was that there were nearly as many bouncers as there were of us...

We even offered to go in groups of three to have a beer and then leave and let the next three in (we wanted to complete the Otley run) but were again denied.

The bouncers are very sneery and rude - I used to drink here as a student many years ago but would urge people to stay away from this place - they obviously do not feel like they need patrons so why spoil their day...

Compare this to the Dry Dock where we were greeted with open arms and the difference is amazing.

Visited April 2012
6 Thank Rainmaker_UK
Leeds, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Improved Original Oak”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

You should know that the problem I highlighted on an earlier post was resolved with the removal of the main aggressor quite quickly and the Oak is back to it's friendly atmosphere. I was unable to post a re-review due to timescales set by Trip Advisor. However management listened to customers & improved several areas & it is well worth visiting, food is good value too.
Well done Original Oak.