“Game of Two Halves”

Ranked #48 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Chester, United Kingdom
“Game of Two Halves”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights as it was within walking distance to St James Hospital where my husband was under going surgery. No complaints whatsoever until I got back Saturday night and then my thoughts mirror the previous review.

Staying on my own I did feel very intimidated,although I do appreciate books shouldn't be judged by their covers. The groups all booked in for the festival at Leeds Uni were horrendous in the main. The previous reviewer should have been in the hotel Sunday night. I was on the 9th floor and don't think there were many on my floor as from that point of view I wasn't disturbed, but the noise from outside was dreadful - going on from midnight til way past 4. It was seriously unpleasant. This morning the entire layby at the front of the hotel was literally a sea of bottles, broken glass and cans. I have no idea why it hadn't been cleaned up as it was gone 10 when I left - some festival goers still drinking on the steps.

However, based on the staff who were lovely and so helpful. The room clean and away from the main party I've given it a good review. When my husband goes back for his second operation I will come and stay again.

However, no hotel (even a budget one) or guests should have to put up with what happened at the weekend. The hotel staff - shouldn't have to deal with that!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Rachel A
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Budget Leeds. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards, S.Moss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is central and can access everything in city centre by foot. Staff are extremely polite and helpful. Rooms are good for close friends and family. Wouldn't recommend sharing with someone you don't know as shower is in the centre of the room.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards, S.Moss.
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

we stop in these hotels quite often because they are great value for money the rooms are basic but very clean & modern, the staff are very helpful & polite this is the 1st time we have stopped in the Leeds one as we went to a concert at the New leeds arena which is about a 10 min steady walk from the hotel which is great everything is very close at hand we will deffinatly be stopping there again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Budget Leeds. Kind regards, S.Moss.
Holyhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed here whilst attending the History of the Eagles concert on Monday 23 June. Looks modern and new. First impressions of the corridors on floors were that it was some sort of storage facility. Room was end of landing and quite spacious, but bare. Air con was good and lighting controlled from bed was a bit fiddly. For £26.00 you couldn't do any better. great value for money. site pub/restaurant "tyke bar" was Ok food excellent and friendly staff. we will be visiting Leeds again once my son starts Uni there in October and we will be staying here. great pub over the road called "The Palace" highly recommended

Room Tip: Hard to say as its the first time we have been there. we were on front of hotel with major road oppo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Budget Leeds. Kind regards, S.Moss
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here whilst visiting for the England test match. We had a twin room. Yes it was small and yes the beds were rock solid but it was very clean, had a flat screen TV on the wall with Freeview and a very good shower. For the price, I have zero complaints

Also have to compliment the receptionist who was very helpful when we checked in and very pleasant.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to ibis Budget Leeds, very soon. Kind regards, S.Moss