“very good”

Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre
Ranked #50 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
“very good”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

went there with my boy friend, all we want is some where clean ad cheap, the size of the room is ok for this particular price. the room were clean, but the air condition is not very good. quick checking in and out.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis Budget Leeds again very soon. Kind regards, S.Moss.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Polish first
Newcastle
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

I stay at the Ibis in Leeds West One every couple of weeks or so but this time I was working at the other side of the city and so chose to stay at the Ibis Budget. I have to say it's very different.

The staff were very friendly and working well under pressure as there was such a queue at the desk. However, as there were only two people, it was a bit of wait to be seen. On reaching my room, I could tell it was pretty basic straight away although none of it especially problematic. The bed was in a large bunk arrangement with a double at the bottom and a single above; but it was clean and comfortable. However, the things that I missed were 1) adequate storage space (there are only a few hangers on pegs and my clothes ended up being folded on the window sill); 2) a phone for reception (which meant that I had to go down to reception again and stand in a 10m queue to report a missing remote control) 3) no kettle, cups or tea/coffee (although available in reception); 4) no soap dispensers (a tiny bar of soap was provided, but really you need to bring your own); 5) no where to put your soap and shampoo in the shower (the only option is really to place them on the floor); 6) no bar/restaurant (although there are a number of options to eat not far from the hotel); and finally 7) no cooked breakfast.

That being said, I don't mean to be entirely negative about it. It's a perfectly acceptable hotel, but it is very basic and not as well suited to someone on business or who likes a few creature comforts such as a cup of tea in their room. It also seems to attract a much younger age group of tourists and party goers and is therefore noisier than what I'm used to.

All in all, I'm afraid that I won't be coming back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them. Kind regards, S.Moss.
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable and being on 7th floor I had lovely views. I chose this hotel as its near bus station and the market. It is however not a place to stay if like me you are an oap.
The reason being there is no tea making facilities in the rooms,you have to go down to reception area which for an oap who goes to bed early but needs to have a drink later also during the night and first thing in the morning,this is just not on. I had to manage without and just have bottled water.For this reason I will not be returning.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to ibis Budget Leeds, very soon. Kind regards, S.Moss.

Travelers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stayed in Leeds for 5 nights and I was looking for a hotel with good location and not too pricey so I found the Ibis Budget Leeds Centre with a really reasonable price for our stay and plus the location is very good just about 10-15 mins to Leeds train station and a few mins to Leeds Bus Staion and even close to Kirkgate Marget and the City Centre with shopping location. I'd suggest friends to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Budget Leeds. Kind regards, S.Moss.
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stayed here when going out in Leeds for the night. Wasn't expecting much judging by the reviews but we were pleasantly surprised. Reception staff were friendly and offered to phone us a taxi upon checking out.

The room was basic but clean and comfortable with TV and a great shower. The only one problem we had was the handle on the bathroom door was broken so we couldn't shut it but otherwise no problems. For 30 pounds, it was great. We would definitely stay again and are planning another trip in the next few weeks!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Room was bright and light. The shower, toilet all very clean. TV available. A few more towels would be nice, but apart from that, enjoyed our stay. Central to bus station and rail . Near to shops and market.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at ibis Budget Leeds. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future. Kind regards, S.Moss.
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

For £33 (double) we weren't expecting much but it's very comfortable, roomy shower, firm bed. It's also minutes away from Leeds Playhouse and Quarry House, and certainly walking distance from the station.
What don't you get? Basically space. To watch TV or read, you sit on the bed. If I turn on the light, it shines in my wife's eyes. The food is from a chiller cabinet with a microwave below, but there are lots of cafes nearby. For the price, excellent value

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Budget Leeds. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards, S.Moss.