“First time in a hotel”

Ranked #50 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Manchester, United Kingdom
“First time in a hotel”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

for a newby hotel user, this was easy to book online and checked in with friendly staff on reception desk! Stayed on the 6th floor so the lifts came in very useful and overall can't complain at the service.
I stayed in a single room with a friend and the beds were literally 6inches apart and no plug sockets next to them, so if you want to lie in bed charging your phone or iPad, bring a long lead! I personally loved the firmness of the beds but my friend didn't; something to consider.
OVERALL, brillient staff; polite and friendly. Sparkling clean and the blackout blind kept me asleep till 9am! Staying again next year!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your first time experience in a hotel.I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Budget hotel in Leeds. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Much better than commuting everyday. Staying here saves me about 3 hours travel per day.. Located just a 3 to 4 minute walk from Leeds city centre, Clean, cheap and hassle free. Double bed, TV, en-suite - just enough for those short stays away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank neilthompson27
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Leeds. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Budget hotel in Leeds. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2013

If your looking for somewhere to dump your bags, get ready and head on out, and a few hours sleep in a clean, comfortable, no frills, no fuss sort of place this is it. This place cannot be beaten on price for its locality to the center of Leeds, didn't have the continental breakfast but there is a great pub opposite the hotel serving a tasty full English breakfast, 2 for £10.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Richard M
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Ibis Budget hotel in Leeds. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh
Newcastle
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the Budget Ibis a number of times whilst working in Leeds, and I've always had positive experiences.

At £18 per night you can't expect the Hilton, but the rooms are clean and comfy and has everything you need for a short stay.

My only complaints would be that the rooms can be chilly in the winter an the duvets not particularly thick, so take a jumper! I also think the rooms on the higher floors are quieter.

I also wouldn't recommend the breakfast - you can get far better in Leeds for what's offered there. The bread is low quality and the fruit shocking!

• Stayed April 2013
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Budget hotel in Leeds and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. I have noted your comments regarding the heating and will discuss with the maintenace department.
Kind regards, Rahul Parikh
Murray, Kentucky
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is not a hotel, it is a hostel. I understand that it's cheap but if I return to Leeds I'd rather spend £10 more for 100% better stay. It's also really on the outside of town on a huge highway, so it's not convenient to get to the city center.

I was here on business, and the hotel website said "business facilities available". The first night of my stay, I had a phone-interview scheduled from the US. Not only were there no phones in the rooms (ridiculous!!!) but there was no phone I could use in the entire hotel. The staff looked at me like I was nuts for asking. They told me all they had was a pay phone. How is that "business facilities"??? On top of that, the very expensive pay-internet (only available in the lobby) was SLOW! It was a business nightmare!

The room was spartian but mainly clean. The bed was ok, but the pillows were terrible. The room had a tv with full cable, which was nice, but made no sense when they didn't even have internet outside the lobby and no phones in the rooms. My real complaint about the room was that my sink must not have been plumbed correctly, so that every time I used the water the smell of sewage filled the room. After the less than adequate response from the staff on other issues, I didn't even bother complaining about this to them during my stay.

I also paid for the breakfast every morning. It was £5 and not worth even half that! No warm food other than toast, and if you came down in the last hour half of the things wouldn't be in stock. I should have saved the money and gone across the street for a full english breakfast for one pound more!

I will never stay here again, for many many reasons.

The only redeeming quality, was that my room had a nice view of the city.

Room Tip: Don't get the breakfast, it's a waste of money. Also, This is really a hostel and not ideal...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Ibis Budget in Leeds. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness.

I can confirm that we will be having free wifi through out the hotel from mid-June 2013. Our business facilities offer is printing/faxing, internet kiosk, wifi in lobby.

I will also pass your comments regarding the room layout to our development department.

Our all you can eat buffet breakfast was priced at £4.25 and we inform our customers about the offering being continental, which has a good selection of crossiants, toasts, cereals, fruits, yogurt, cheese, hot drinks, fruit juices etc.

Kind regards, Rahul Parikh, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Visited Leeds for a hen party, the rooms are very clean, there is plenty of room and beds are comfortable.
Rooms come with TV, desk and full length mirror which is a plus when getting ready for a night out.
Great location would recommend.
Only down side is the lift it can take a while and always seems to be full when it does reach your floor.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2013

If I had wanted 5 star luxury - Room Service etc I would have booked The Queens or another one of Leeds's boutique hotels, but all I wanted was a bed for the night after a Works event.

I found the Ibis hotel in Leeds excellent - funny that the room layout was the same as the one in Bruges, and for a short stay is all you need. Lots of hot running water, a TV with freeviwew, heating a very comfy bed and a quiet room,

For value for money - (£18.00 paid) I honestly would pay upto £40.00 and not feel cheated as it has all you need and now will start to use these instead of Over priced competitors!!

Room Tip: Book as early as you can and secure a good rate
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, April 25, 2013