“£18 a room! well worth it!”

Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre
Ranked #51 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed there 2-3 April 2013. We paid £18 for the room and really couldn't complain. The rooms are modern, clean and come with all what you would exspect in a budget hotel. Even the lights worked of a little touch pad. The only complaint I have is that the pillows where pointless really but thats just being fussy. Location of the hotel is excellent for the city centre and train station. We were on the 8th floor and the view was great!

• Stayed: April 2013
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Budget hotel in Leeds and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,347)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

All of the corner cutting you'd expect from a budget hotel - no tea/coffee, no hairdryer, no extra bedding. But it was cold. COLD. The air con barely worked to heat up the room and there is so little soft furnishing in the room, it felt more like a morgue. I would have rung down to reception about it but - you guessed it - no phone! Could have used my mobile but there was barely any staff so i assumed I would have had to go downstairs to get extra duvet - it was too late and I was shattered so I slept in full PJs, jumper and coat over me.

Their advertising should be "You're lucky we include a bed!"

Never again.

1  Thank Lou B
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

At Ibis Budget hotels, all our bedrooms are equipped with a comfortable bed, flat screen TV, en-suite power shower, 2 towels, soap, Duvet, 2 Pillows and additional single duvet and pillow, if you have booked a triple room.

The hotel does not have telephones in bedrooms, but our contact number is also displayed behind bedroom doors, in case of issue or emergency. The hotel reception is opened 24hrs and manned in accordance with peak and off-peak hours with security at night.

All bedrooms also have climatic control and not air condition, which work in accordance with the temperature outside and we are sorry to learn at this stage, that it was not in operation in your bedroom during your stay.

The above is our standard and is reflected throughout our network, with rooms at budget price. But, I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay and our product offer at Ibis Budget hotel in Leeds.

We take all guests feedback very seriously and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at the hotel in near future.

Thanking
Kind regards,
Rahul Parikh, General Manager

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

This was the cheapest hotel in Leeds while I stayed for 7 nights. The rooms are nice and modern. Limited in amenities but were nice. It had a TV, shower and sink with plenty mirrors and lighting. Lovely views over Leeds from my 8th floor room. The bed was rather firm for my liking, but I slept we'll. But what let it down for me was nearing the end of my stay. My room hasn't been cleaned and the bed hasn't been made. I went to reception to ask if it could be cleaned for me. The woman on the desk struggled to grasp what I was asking for and didn't say much apart from a few grunts in confusion. She told me that the rooms are cleaned every 3 days. But my room has been cleaned every single day for five days. So what she told me wasn't true and insist like that. I paid £221 for my room and she told me that I needed to empty the bins and make my bed myself. No clean sheats, no where to put the rubbish.

I refused to do it as I shouldn't have to. I'm a paying customer paying for a service which I'm not getting. The manager then spoke to me and offered to clean my room. Once he had checked in a large group of people. I had been working all day for 12 hours and I wanted to relax. So I demanded he do it now of I would have taken things further. He did come up, but didn't clean my room. He gave me the key to the room nextdoor.

So I then had to move some of my things into the new room which was freezing cold. The heating didn't work which wasn't great. I also complained about a very loud group of foreign people turning the coridoors Into refugee camp. I asked for them to be moved on as they were very loud and were messing on in the lifts. But the hotel said I had to put up with it for one more night as they were checking out the next day.

This is not good customer service at all. They didn't care about me or anyone else on floors 8 and 9. Saying that they were here to go to the church over the road for Easter prayors. And we're not going to interrupt them. This is disgusting and spoiled the rest of my stay.

I had loved it until these two very simple to sort out incidents. There is a communication problem with some of their foreign staff and they don't seem interested in helping you. Apart from one guy who was very helpful.

Over all, alright hotel for the price. But very bad staff and not very good customer service. Would I reccomend staying here ? Yes actually, but if something goes wrong. Don't expect it to be delt with smoothly or quickly.

Also, the lifts are very slow! Quicker to use the stairs! :)

• Stayed: March 2013
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Ibis budget hotel in Leeds. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about staff behaviour, which we are addressing. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Clean, modern and minimalistic rooms. Of course great value and much better than B&B's nearby. Easy access to Leeds Bus station and restaurants makes the hotel easy to get to. The hotel reception has a microwave incase you would like to stay indoors with just microwave soup/food.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I checked the room rate in the morning and was £29 but by the time I got there 2 hours later it had gone up to £35. My fault for not booking it earlier. I need to stay in Leeds again next month and I will be booking it now as it will only be £25. I think £25-£30 is about what it's worth. When you start getting towards £40 I think you would expect a less cheaply decorated room. It was warm, clean and quiet but with tacky pretend wood everywhere and rubbish laminate floor. Good TV with no reception problems. Excellent shower with as much hot water and pressure as you could want. I only saw younger people here but didn't have any noise problems. Book early as it's worth £25 easily but if you are going to pay £35 then pay a little more and get a lot better elsewhere. I found the best prices are not through Ibis directly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that your stay with us was satisfactory. We have best available rates online through our webstie, ibis.com or accorhotels.com.

You have also mentioned that you would be visiting us next month, we look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Kind regards, General Manager Rahul Parikh

Reviewed March 29, 2013

...the beds are like solid granite. Basically a mattress on a wooden slab. Which gave me a bad back! The toilet is like a cell as is the shower, and the sink is right in the room.
Its fine for a place to crash after a boozy night out, which is what most people seem to use it for. There was a lot of noise all night from revellers returning from stag and hen dos (I was on a stag do when I stayed there).
The breakfast is £5 and is basically toast and cereal. I would not recommend it.

At £25 a night for a room and with a reasonably central location you can't complain though can you!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments, we can assure you we have regular patrolling by the security throught the hotel during the night, to ensure a quite night to our guest.
I will also pass your comments to the relevant department regarding the quality of mattress. Kind regards, General Manager Rahul Parikh

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed Saturday night to Sunday morning as family had a dance audition on Sunday morning and we stay in Edinburgh. Arrived 0200 hrs and there were drunk youths everywhere and several were staying in hotel. Allocated room on 9th floor as were rest of family in 2 other rooms. My room was clean to look at but smelled of vomit and bleach and on complaining was moved immediately by helpfull staff but new room was on 5th floor. Just getting to sleep when more drunks ended up on my landing banging doors and trying to sing but after one phone call the security were there and problem resolved. Staff were very helpfull, rooms were clean (obviously previous room someone had been sick the night before and room not aired) and continental breakfast good value. No kettle in room and again shower and toilet clean. TV also in room. Bed large and comfy.
Tip - Don't stay on a Saturday night . This is basic accomodation but perfect for a short stay. We will be going back in July 13 for further dance auditions (but on a Tuesday). lol

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh General Manager