“Good for the Price”

Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre
Ranked #50 of 87 Hotels in Leeds

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Polish first
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed 1 night. Good value basic room with TV and WiFi. Quiet but it was midweek. Paid £4.50 for basic continental breakfast which was good value, limited choice but all u could eat and drink. 10 min slow walk to town centre or train station

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
KButtery, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Budget hotel in Leeds and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh
accrington
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Friendly and helpful staff
Nice clean basic room
Right in leeds center
Great value for money
What more can i say; Ok it's not mal maison but having stayed at the liverpool mal maison recently the only difference when you've shut your eyes is the snobbery. Even the continental breakfast was better than mal maisons full (burnt bacon) English.
I will definately be staying with accor again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Budget hotel in Leeds and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The management successfully dealt with all of our obscure requirements for our group booking this weekend. They had to turn of electirc doors, open hotel rooms for guests late at night and store a lot of our boxes and luggage around the hotel. The staff are very friendly, showers are good and very good value for money. It is also very close to the town centre.

Room Tip: get the disable room if there are three of you it is much bigger as a corner room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
KButtery, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you and your group enjoyed the stay. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Budget hotel in Leeds. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with 3 of my friends for one night as we were going to a gig and oging out afterwards. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel- I hadn't been expecting much due to the 'budget' label and knew it had previously been an Etap. The room was fine for what we needed it for. Yes, there weren't any frills, but we didn't need any. It had a comfy double bed, a TV, and a shower/toilet/sink area. And importantly for this time of year, air con control.

The room was basic, but it was clean and comfy. I wouldn't want to stay there longer than a couple of days but it was very handy for an over night stay for a night out. It was busy (we stayed on a Saturday night) and there were a lot of people staying there following nights out. Whilst you could hear people going down the corridors late at night, it wasn't excessively loud. I'm a very light sleeper and it didn't bother me. We got back at about 4am, and I noticed there was a security man walking around the corridors, so maybe that's why it was nice and quiet.

Location-wise the hotel is great. About a 15 minute walk to the bars we wanted to get to, and about the same distance to the train station. Parking was quite far away though- which in freezing cold December weather wasn't ideal. Another big plus is the later than usual check out time- 12 noon.

Despite these plusses, we had one quite big gripe. When we checked in to the hotel, we had to let them know the name of both occupants in the rooms (we had booked 2 double rooms for 4 people). Never had to do that before, but hey...didn't seem like too big a deal.

However one of my friends unfortunately had to leave early that night due to a family emergency and another of our friends who was out hadn't yet managed to sort out accommodation. Seeing as how we had paid for 2 people to sleep in each of the rooms, we said he could stay in the room where our other friend had intended to stay. Upon getting to the hotel however, the reception staff were checking names and obviously his name hadn't originally been down when we checked in. For some reason the staff wouldn't allow this, and they were forced to pay for another room in addition to the one they had already paid for, to allow our friend to stay with there. Bearing in mind, it was 4am and minus 3 degrees outside, they didn't have much choice but to agree to this.

I appreciate that it's good for security reasons to include names of all guests staying in the hotel to stop people coming in who shouldn't be there, or to prevent more people staying in a room than was paid for- but it seemed crazy that my friend ended up having to pay for 2 double rooms when there was still only 2 people occupying one of them simply due to a different person staying. Furthermore, when myself and my boyfriend arrived back at the hotel later on that night we were only asked for my name. The rules had apparently changed in the 2 hours in between.

So while this wasn't an ideal situation on our part, I don't see how this became such a big problem- we had paid for 2 people to stay in that room, the person who had booked it and checked in was still staying in that room. Tight security is of course welcome, but this seemed very excessive. For the £110 they ended up paying for one night, they could have gone to a much nicer hotel and got their money's worth. I would recommend that anyone intending to stay here bears this in mind if they are planning a night out with their friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Ibis Budget hotel in Leeds. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about additional information. It is important to ensure the safety of the customers we require all guests details to avoid over occupying of rooms and right people staying at the hotel. Thank you for your comprehension. We wish to welcome you back at the hotel soon. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2012

would like to say a big thank u to all the staff at the hotel for all the help they have givin me this last week.
i was only booked into the hotel from the Thrus 22.11.12 to the 26.11.12 while my husband went into hospital, but as things work out i had to stay at the hotel til the fri 29.11.12.
As i didn't know when my husband was aloud home the hotel staff let me reserve the extra night and pay for each night extra i need the day before.
every morning and evening the staff asked how he was doing. they let me get hot water for a drink when ever i need it. the room was on the 8th floor where it was nice and peaceful. the room was very clean and i got clean bedding and towels every day.
i will defo stay with you again and recommened you to my friends and family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you had a comfortable stay at Ibis Budget hotel in Leeds. Hope your husband is recovering well. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh
scottish
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Just back from a weekend break.great place to stay and although there were stag and hen parties going on they did not spoil our stay.just a short walk into town where there are great shops and places to eat.dont miss the great chinese restaurant which is just round the corner turn right when leaving the hotel.breakfast is good but there is not a lot of seating.the rooms are not big but could not fault them and a lovely big bathroom.we would certainly stay in another ibis hotel

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends