“Not for anyone over 35.”

Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre
Ranked #51 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed October 1, 2012

What an awful experience. My OH and I are in our sixties, had I been warned that this hotel was full of mindless idiots, drunks, ef and blinding, vomiting, shouting, running along corridors, shouting down their mobile phones, from 1am until 5 am i would never have touched it with a bargepole..I did not sleeep more than an hour all night. And had I been staff, I at least would have put us somewhere other than the 1st floor directly above reception but no chance of a change because the hotel was full.

'No teamaking facilites?? 'Madam, this is a budget hotel was answred by me with ''The other 3 star Ibis in Leeds was actually £4 cheaper than this 'Budget Hotel'

The two good things about the Ibis Budget, Young tall Lad on reception was just lovely, and the continental breakfast was excellent......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor you can, its quieter up there.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
KButtery, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for your comments. I can assure you the matter is being looked into. Feel free to call the hotel to discuss this further. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,333)

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This was our third time at (what was) Etap Leeds, and yet again does what it has to.
Let's start with the negatives, if you're heading for a night out, and many people here are, it's a fair trek to the nightlife - so don't stay here if you can't walk far. Bad bit out of the way....
Check in is swift and problem-free, like most hotels it's key card and the staff here are reluctant to give out any more than one key - which can be a problem if you and your mates come back in dribs and drabs like we do. Asking how many keys people would like would be of use.
The hotel seem to allocate all the single sex groups onto the same floors to give some relief to the other guests - this seems to work really well and this is the only hotel that I have come across which seems to do this somewhat simple management task.
The rooms are standard size Etap rooms, all perfectly clean and faultless - it always amazes me how the Etaps always appear to look cleaner than the Ibis' when Etaps are (were) supposed to be inferior.
Little noise heard, so a good nights sleep and a simple check out.
Whilst there's no bar in the hotel, there is one next door which is quite good to get some food have a beer etc.
All in all, a decent hotel, for a good value price.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
KButtery, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Budget Hotel in Leeds. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Pros: Clean rooms.
Good showers.
Cons: No car park
The staff seem to be aware of a" validation policy" for parking in the local NCP but all this means is you get a miserly £1.20 off of your overnight parking fee of £16.20 so be prepared for £14 extra overnight charge in local car park.
No free wi-fi extra £3.20 charge.
A hotel of this size should be providing free wi-fi
All-in all better off staying at the Leeds Hilton.

Room Tip: Insist on 9th floor as this has recently been refurbished.
2  Thank fittoretire
KButtery, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here, but I am very disappointed to learn about your dissatisfaction. I certainly remember dealing with your request upon arrival and it was unfortuante the nearest free public car park was full and you had to park at the NCP. The hotel website also specifies about the wifi, that it is chargeable.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the Ibis BUDGET HOTEL in Leeds, Kind regards, Rahul Parikh

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Met by the manager on reception who, put me at ease and on the 9th (top) floor, which I could see was away from the 'party' people. 9th floor is newly refurbed too now, to add to a previous posters comments that the 7th and 8th are also...

Paid £55 for the room (and buffet continental breakfast) which is pretty basic, but clean, I rather liked the thin solid mattress.. Maybe some are too comfy in their Silent Nights at home....;-)

It is in a good location, it isn't 5* but, it doesn't pretend to be so, don't be too put off by some bad reviews. the staff are all well trained and communication is good too so, if something is wrong, speak up..., I got the impression they would do whatever to help.

Pleasantly surprised....:-)

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to be away from the noise, maybe the manager tries to do this on purpose..? It wo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
KButtery, Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Budget Hotel in Leeds again very soon. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh

Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Staff are good and food good and rooms are vary cool and u have shop and bar with good cold drinks plus it not far from town. You can get a good sleep plus you got a good drop of points so u get run over bye crazy persons lol but the hotel cheap and vary friendly

• Stayed: September 2012
KButtery, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

This place is in a great location, the price is great and the staff are friendly, the shower is lovely and powerful, but that's where the good points end. Our window was broke and wouldn't close, our room was covered in pubes, snots on the walls and chewing gum that people had stuck places. The bed was like sleeping on concrete. Noise travels really easily thru the building so we hardly slept. This hotel is only and good for those who will be very drunk, or are desperate for a bed for the night

• Stayed: September 2012
KButtery, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at Ibis Budget hotel in Leeds. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter, Kind regards, Rahul Parikh.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I got an £18 room on a Friday night. £18. Yes £18, how on earth do they manage to do it that cheaply? And for the price, I was very pleased with the hotel.

Typical small Etap/Ibis Budget room, but very clean and the shower worked well too. The mattress was a bit on the hard side, but I slept fine. To say it was a Friday night, I didn't hear any noise after going to bed.

My only gripe with Ibis Budget is no kettle in the room, however for £18 I can't complain. I would certainly come back here for future stays in Leeds. Well done Accor!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo