“For adults and children alike. Great fun!”

Jackrabbits Pottery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stroller parking
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“For adults and children alike. Great fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Took my children and painted something myself for the first time! Thoroughly enjoyed it. There is a range of items to paint starting from £3 for a small decoration, however there is also a £5 studio fee per
person so your minimum spend is £8 p.p.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank pennycrackle

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fab, fun and friendly :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I went to a recent ladies night and have to say a fab time was had by all. Having never been to anything like this before I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I have to say it was great. The staff were friendly and really helpful, the atmosphere was relaxed and even though we had brought our own nibbles and drinks I noticed other tables were ordering in pizza, which I will definitely be doing next time. At £5 a ticket it was excellent value, then you chose what piece you wanted to paint, ranging from a cup to a vase, whatever suits your budget. Mine certainly wasn't the most artistic creation but I had great fun. Highly recommend a visit and who knows I may even take the kids next time :)

2 Thank JSmithsonleeds
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My 3 young children and i LOVE Jackrabbits Pottery!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is such a wonderful new addition to Oakwood.
I have taken my 3 children ( ages just 4, 6, & 7) four times now, each time we enjoy the calm, welcoming, creative atmosphere.
The staff are immensely attentive,and really helpful at giving tips, or suggestions to make the most of the experience.
The first time i went i was concerned my youngest wouldn't keep focused for very long, but what works for her is she paints for about 20 mins, then will have a little wander to the sofa area where she can interact with other children, and where toys & books are provided,. After a little while she comes back for more painting.
All the staff have a wonderfully natural way with children, & i always feel that my children are extremely welcome there.
You choose a piece to paint, there is a lot of choice, and a wide price range too, plenty for £10 & under for example, and i think the studio fee of £5 per person (for paints, all the extras like stencils & stamps, & the firing) is extremely good value.
My son is 6 & not a very confident 'artist' but he adores this place and we're always the last to leave as he just keeps on tweaking his master pieces & testing new techniques...its fab to see him so engaged and focused, he has painted a treasure chest, a plate, & 2 bowls, each is unique and he is so very proud of them, one of the bowls is for Daddy for Fathers Day.
My 7 year old daughter has painted a mug, a plate ( for Daddy), a tile, & most recently a heart that will be returned after firing complete with a beautiful beaded hanger.
My youngest ( just 4) has painted a treasure chest, a bowl ( for Daddy), a princess money box, & a cupcake trinket box.
The last 2 times i took them i was so confident that they would be engaged, that i painted a piece too; a bowl & a heart-shaped plate.
I have also been on ladies Friday night too...brilliant!!
Such a relaxing, fun atmosphere, same set up but take nibbles,olives, wine & They order pizza in too! That time i painted a teapot...And i love it!
We are due to go & collect our latest creations this week ( about a week after you've painted)
It's so exciting seeing them glazed, and the look of utter pride on my children's faces is wonderful. We always stay for a drink & a yummy homemade cake.
My 2 eldest have birthdays in August & November & have already requested that they have their parties there.
Well done to the staff at Jackrabbits, you have created a wonderful wonderful place, thank you!
From Helen, Skye, Ellis & Isla McCann.

5 Thank HelenMcCann
Leeds
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Fabulous fun and creative experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I have been to jackrabbits poetry several times since its opening. I confess, I may be slightly addicted! My children, 6 and 4, absolutely love it too and are currently saving up for their next visit.

Etta and Clare are wonderful and warm hosts. It's almost like bring welcomed into their home. Everything is explained really clearly and then you simply choose something to paint - starting at £5 up to £25 for a huge vase or pitcher. Something there for all budgets!

Then its up to you and your creative powers. I cannot paint to save my life but I haven't had so much fun in ages. My
6 year old daughter actually out painted me and created a master piece!

And let's not forget the home made cakes! All very reasonable and simply delicious.

Its great that Leeds has its own pottery cafe. We are very lucky. You may not want to paint every day but the coffees and cakes keep me returning even when I'm not feeling creative.

Well done ladies! Afternoons happily spent at jackrabbits!

1 Thank cvl333
Leeds, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Excellent and worth every penny!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We had never painted pottery before, so when Jackrabbits opened, I took my two children aged 4 and 7 with an open mind. It was easy to find, with good parking, and the venue interior is decorated in a pretty shabby chic style.
The staff could win an award for Best Customer Service, as they could not be more welcoming, helpful and so absolutely brilliant with children. We even got a tour to see the kiln!

The studio fee of £5 each, in my opinion was definitely NOT excessive, as the actual pottery prices started from just £4.

A total cost of £9 per child is neither excessive or unreasonable in my opinion!! Some customers sit there for 3-4 hours painting stuff with their children, and in which case I'd contradict the previous reviewer and say it's VERY good value for money, as you also get to keep a nice souvenir of your day. I guess it all depends on your children.

My 7 year old son has a short attention span, but never have I seen him sit so still and quietly whilst he painted his masterpiece!!
Two and half hours later, he had finally finished and was so proud! My daughter finished after an hour, but was given colouring pens and paper, which she loved and was more than happy to do.
There are also two comfy leather sofa's in the window where the kids can sit and play with toys and children's books, if anyone gets restless. They really have thought of everything!!

We are now regulars of Jackrabbits, and are HUGE fans. We have built up such a lovely relationship with the staff that my kids BEG to go see them. And we know the feeling is mutual, which as a parent, is so lovely to meet people who genuinely care for your children.

I even pop in on my own for a coffee and cake without my kids occasionally, as Etta's homemade cakes are to die for!!! (Much to my children's dismay!!)
Go Jackrabbits, and long may you continue!!

2 Thank Angela T