“absolutely brilliant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Windermere, United Kingdom
“absolutely brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed at the Chambers for approximately 30 days and it was one of our best apartment stays ever. Situated at a prime location near the Leeds railway station, the apartment has all facilities possible. Facilities include a washing machine, dish washer, oven, microwave, DVD library, gym, 24hr reception etc. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We will be returning to Leeds next year, and staying at the Chambers again. This review is a means to say 'thank you' for all your hard work to making our stay memorable.

2 Thank SUNIL V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I am absolutely convinced that whenever I stay in Leeds I will always book The Chambers. Location itself is superb; quite, very quite. Away from all the buzz, the fun, the excitement ... the noise Leeds has to offer - knowing you're coming back to a good nights sleep is utter bliss.

The property itself is sublime; the reception is beautifully, eloquently designed - warm and welcoming. Straight away you know this is gonna be special and special it was.

Rooms are spacious, far more than what you'd expect from a 'hotel' - I mean there's a sofa and ample space for a small army of people. The kitchen is clean, well equipped - with complimentary essentials which was a nice touch.

I did use the gym, too. it's small and compact with a free weights section - more than adequate to get a little workout in. Again the complimentary mineral water in the fridge was a nice touch.

It's probably the only time I have left thinking I don't want to leave and at the same time thinking I can't wait to return. Honestly, if you're 'thinking' about staying here - you'll be crazy not to.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank idrismansoor1
London England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I would echo all the positive comments about the Chambers and also point out how quiet it is. I have had to visit Leeds a lot over the last few years and have tried several of the City centre hotels. Whilst they're often OK in themselves, Leeds on a Saturday night is a rowdy and unpleasant place and many of the hotels are in areas that attract large numbers of late night revellers. The Chambers is a little away from the pubs and clubs and is absolutely quiet as the rooms face into a courtyard. Will certainly return.

2 Thank DavidELondonEngland
hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Staying in leeds with my wife to see a show,we choose the chambers based upon trip reviews.
as usual this proved to be the wisest choice.from the moment we arrived to a very cheery and warm greeting and to be informed we had been upgraded to a penthouse apartment we totally enjoyed the experience.
The apartment itself was totally first class and we really did not want to leave in the morning,any one visiting leeds can book the chambers place with total confidence that they are making the correct choice.

2 Thank tigerglenn
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

The outside of the hotel was ordinary. The moment I stepped into the apartment, I was very impressed with the decor and the atmosphere. Nice furniture and pleasing lighting. There was a living area with cooking facility, a small balcony that can see far away (I was on a higher floor). I stayed there for 11 nights and the maid came once to tidy up the place. I found the most convenient thing in the apartment was a washer machine and dryer (two in one) in a closet.

However, there are quite a few things that they can improve. Although the kitchen facility showed display, it was not so practical to use. Obviously, it was built for pretty tall people. The working and cooking counter top was so the highest I have ever seen, not to mention the cupboard was near unreachable. The light under the cupboard that really got into my eyes and I couldn't see the things on the counte rtop. The kitchen exhaust hood was not working.

In the bedroom, the bed was in such an odd position that I have to close the door in order to get into the other side of the bed. There was no desk, chair and dustbin. They could think it over about the layout of the furniture in the bedroom.

I enjoyed my stay. I will certain stay there again if I am back in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BPK123
shannon new zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Welcoming and helpful staff, lovely surroundings. Well situated close to train station and short walk into city center. The welcome pack of food in the fridge on arrival was an added bonus. Has underground car parking. Would recommend this accommodation to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandy T
Tunbridge Wells
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was impressed with the positive comments on Trip Advisor and decided to book Chambers for a short business trip to Yorkshire. I booked over the phone and the woman was incredibly polite and helpful and I was immediately pleased I had chosen to stay here. When I arrived, the parking was easily accessible and the front desk smiley and pleasant. I thought this cant get any better... but then I entered the apartment. Seriously, I cannot speak highly enough of these apartments. I was on the 2nd floor and the rooms were spacious, very nicely decorated and welcoming. So many aparthotels / apartments are stark and soulless, but this place was a delight. They have used high quality furnishings and thought of everything. They provide a super breakfast pack of tea, coffee, milk, bread for toast, jam, cereal, juice etc and locally there is a Tesco express, and a Pizza Express in the next road. There is a small bar in reception and office / reception is always manned. You must book parking before you go as spaces are limited. Ther is a gym (although I didnt use it !) and a terrace, but unfortunately it was raining so not used either. In the morning, checkout was easy and I met the owners who were keen for feedback on whether I slept well or how my stay was. I really hope they can keep this standard up as I will definitely be coming back and recommending to colleagues and friends.

Room Tip: my second floor apartment was perfect.