“Slightly disappointing”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Ate here a few nights ago and whist we were seated straight away, service became progressively slower throughout the evening. Waiting staff were friendly, however it seems as though a better management system for them needs to be put in place as it appeared disorganised at times. We had the blooming onion to start, which is a bit of a rip off for £6. I felt our mains were a rip off too, £10 for chicken wings, chips and a small portion of coleslaw which were not a good as food i've had from wetherspoons for half the price. The desserts were amazing, however, and i'd go back just to sample more. It seems as though all focus in this restaurant has been placed on the decor, with little attention been given to the food.

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

The place looks good, but the food is so disappointing. Seems like they spent most of their money doing the place up and the monster truck outside, not on the food. Coleslaw being scooped out of an industrial white bucket within the sight of customers is so unappealing. House salad was bagged lettuce with two slices of tomato and no dressing for £3! Food tasted like it had been warmed up from frozen, nothing made from scratch. So halfhearted and disappointing. Was interested in their breakfasts but definitely won't be going back! Rubbish!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

the atmosphere is Rosie's is family friendly, exciting, and fun! the music is great, the decorations in the restaurant are great and the food and service are pretty great too! I ordered a meal I wouldn't usually as it was recommended to me by my server Emily, and not only did the food arrive exceedingly rapidly, it was absolutely delicious! I asked for a few extra items with my meal and they were added on with no issues. The starters are huge so I'd suggest get one to share if there are at least two of you (the nachos are incredible!). Emily was so lovely, she really helped explain the menu and made us feel comfortable and attended to. I've been back to Rosie's a few times now and Emily is definitely an additional reason why!

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Visited with family and friends- the place had been recommended to us. On arrival we were told it would be a 25 min wait-there didn't appear to be many waiting and there was an empty table which remained so for 15 mins. Getting a drink at the bar was difficult with lots of people behind it but only one person appeared to be serving.
After about 30 mins we were shown to our table - the guy serving us was friendly enough - and we placed our order- and waited again. The food when it arrived was mediocre at best . The chips were luke warm and the chilli cheese burger had hardly seen chilli or cheese.. The burger tasted herby and I didn't really enjoy it. On a positive note the restaurant itself has a nice feel about it but given the quality of the food and the greenfly on my lettuce I for one won't be returning.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Very authentic decor with a big yellow school bus which you can dine in. The music was great and added to the atmosphere. Food was good but a bit overpriced for what you get. We were told we would have to wait 35 mins for a table but were seated quicker than that. Service was good and pretty quick. The desserts were yummy!