This is an great place.
As far as location is concerned it is not in the city centre, but still very accessible. It is not too close from the coach station and you will need a taxi if you're arriving by coach into the Leeds coach station, however, it is within walking distance from the train station provided you're used to dragging your suitcase(s). If you are visiting the university it is about 10 - 15 mins walk uphill. The city centre is also about 15 - 20 minutes depending on how fast you walk. Location seemed very safe although deserted with hardly any people around. There is also a Tesco express about 5 minutes walk away, where you can buy your cooking essentials.
The apartment itself is great and spacious with ample room to rest and relax. The kitchen is fully equipped with a cooking hob and electric chimney, dishwasher, washing machine and microwave oven but no gas or electric oven. Cooking utensils, plates, glasses and cutlery are provided (the can opener did not work in our room though). Seeing that toiletries were provided, maybe a packet of dishwashing liquid and scrubber could have been provided for guests who like to clean up and do their own dishes.
The view from the room we were in (9th floor) was great, although there wasn't much to see anyway. The room was spotlessly clean and access by lift was very easy.
The quiet neighbourhood meant that you will have a very good and relaxing sleep ocassionally disturbed by guests opening and closing doors and the sound somehow manages to make its way to your bed(This is one of the major complaints about the place). Wifi access was very good although the speed seemed to drop in the evenings (when most of the guests are in and using the internet I would guess). We also enjoyed watching the football world cup matches on the tv, but sadly could not say the same about the sofa which could have been of a more comfortable kind.
The 'breakfast' is basically a grab and go thing, where you get coffee, tea, juice pack, fruits, pastries like croissants, etc. Nothing elaborate but good enough to get you on your way.
The staff at the reception were very professional and helpful. We left our luggage at the reception for a day before checking in again and our luggage was in our room when we got back. Room tariff seems to vary from one day to the next and weekends seem to be always booked. Will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a 15 min walk from the centre of Leeds. There's a choice of superb studio apartments, individually designed to provide you with the space you need to relax, in complete comfort. Go for one of our clever, compact Smart studios, or think big and choose a spacious Grande studio. There's everything you need - an open-plan kitchen and living area, a pristine shower room and a comfy double bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Roomzzz Leeds City West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roomzzz Aparthotel Leeds City West Hotel Leeds
- Roomzzz Central Leeds
- Roomzzz Central Hotel Leeds