“Nice Place to Stay”

Roomzzz Leeds City West
Ranked #28 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stayed here for 2 weeks on official visit, rooms are very well equipped with kitchen with utensils, microwave oven, refrigerator and washing machine but only problem with the bed it is not that much comfortable. Breakfast is simple with fruits and crossains but rooms are very nice/

Room Tip: Try to choose corner rooms as they are large
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I rarely write reviews, but I'm so pleased with my experience that I feel I've got to tell the world about it. Let's see the comparison.

Pros:
* Professional, friendly staff
* Brightly lit room with large window
* Unexpectedly beautiful view, esp. at sunset time.
* Quality breakfast
* Comfortable bed
* Simple modern decor and great interior layout
* Modern kitchen appliance and in-room laundry
* Great value for money, very affordable
* Restaurant / bar located conveniently on the 1st floor
* And did I mention insanely fast internet? (75mbps down, 92 mbps up, 1ms ping! I can count on my fingers the number of times I've had that level of internet access.)

Cons:
* Can't think of anything worth mentioning.

My experience here was much better than at many 5 star hotels. There's no place else that I'd rather stay whenever I visit. Looking forward to my next opportunity already.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I stayed here for two nights during the week in May 2014.

Pros:

- Large room with a kitchen and sofa area;
- Room largely very clean;
- Free wifi;
- Free tea (including herbal and fruit tea) and coffee 24/7 in the reception area;
- 'Pantry' of food supplies available to purchase in reception;
- Quick and friendly check- in;
- Very comfortable beds;
- Good price.

Cons:

- I slept well on the first night, but woke up several times during the second night disturbed by screaming from outside the hotel. I'm a heavy sleeper and it's very unusual for me to wake up during the night. Perhaps people on a night out?
- The TV was fuzzy and difficult to operate and had no Channel 4.
- The hairdryer was broken. I would have reported this but had my own hairdryer with me.
- The view from the hotel room wasn't at all pleasant.

Overall I would stay here again, but I'd request a quieter room. The take-away breakfast was perfectly ok, but it would depend on what you were looking for from a breakfast- not one to you if you'd like a full English but perfectly fine if you're after a quick 'to-go.'

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Short walk to Leeds University - handy for conference attendance. Rooms are fairly soulless, but provide all facilities you could need including kitchenette, microwave and washer/dryer. Good internet reception. Most staff were very friendly and helpful, but the girl who checked us in was rather grudging with her time and information.

Not the most comfortable bed, and there is little room to move around bed, but the room suited our needs and was a good price.

Continental breakfast consisting of delicious fresh pastries was included in the tariff.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Very enjoyable stay. Staff are friendly and helpful. The 1 bed room studio was beautiful and gleaming clean, about a 20 minute walk to leeds centre but taxi was on 3 pound. Would definatley stay again, enjoyed every minute of my stay.. :) :) :)

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here for one night , lovely room with great facilities ,loved the kitchenette ,it's about a 15 minute walk to the station ,shops & bars ,would loved to have stayed longer .We will definately come back for another visit soon .

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed here for one night booked at the very last minute for an exceptionally reasonable price. The surprisingly large studio apartment had everything needed for a short stay. Very comfy bed and very clean. Will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Although it didn't bother me there was some road noise in the front road facing rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business