“Almost perfect”

Roomzzz Leeds City West
Ranked #28 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Spent one night as I was on a business trip . perfect if your tired of staying in hotel's. Front desk staff very pleasant and accommodating. Would recommend it, close ealk yo the city if you know the way (use navigation like I did).bed a little uncomfortable but then again I dont generally sleep well away from home.will stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Warwick80

Reviewed February 24, 2014

On arrival i had booked 3 rooms. When booking rooms i had to leave card details to secure no problem. When checking in we all wanted to pay separate to avoid confusion. The receptionist who was a larger blonde lady, was very rude and abrupt. When explaining the process to us she spoke to us with attitude and came across VERY patronising!! Spoke to us like we were stupid because we had requested to pay in cash. She explained that we would still need a card to pay cash as form of ID again no problem. She told us the hotel do not take money out they just hold it, again no problem. The next day when we were checking out she told us that the money does in fact leave account and wouldn't return back until 3-4 days. So we paid cash for rooms and also on the card!! The woman behind the desk never explained this to us on check in as she was far to on her high horse to even give us the time of day! Awful woman. Nice hotel but wouldn't stay again due to her disgusting attitude.

• Stayed: February 2014
RoomzzzLeeds, Manager at Roomzzz Leeds City West, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am aware of the concerns raised as has been previously highlighted by a member of your group below. CCTV that I have verified shows my colleague repeating herself both on arrival and departure and therefore not consistent with the feedback.

We operate a strict policy so far as cash payments are concerned and a card authorisation is a must on arrival. If you are unable to provide a card for authorisation check-in can be declined. This process is consistent with any city hotel and I am sorry you have not encountered this before. This is done to secure the hotel against charges when you want to pay on departure. This is also against extra charges and damages when you pay in cash or when accommodation is pre-paid as we do not store card details used online.

As you will appreciate these measures are in place to protect us and our guests. Our booking terms are clearly stated and staff are expected to follow the same.

Once again thank you for your feedback and hope I have clarified your concerns. If you have any further concerns please do not hesitate to write to us.

Regards,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Visited leeds for my friends 26th birthday and where very much looking forward to checking in at roomzzz until we where met with the most rude unprofessional lady on the reception, didn't quite catch her name but she was blonde with glasses. There where 7 of us and when asking how we wanted to pay one of my friends said she would pay now and the rest of us wanted to pay on departure.... Well what utter confusion that caused!! As I wanted to pay on the morning of check out I stated I would pay cash but she needed by bank card where £68.00 would be held ( she at no point mentioned this would come out my bank and then 2-4 working days be put back in my account ) as I would have just paid for the room there and then. The next morning we all paid cash but told me the £68.00 had been taken out my account, as u can imagine I wasn't happy as I'd paid cash AND the money was still taken out my bank but getting refunded back later in the week!! She said I'm a cocky attitude she made us aware of this but I can garentee she didn't as why wud I pay cash and have the money taken out my account it just doesn't make sense. I then had to pay 1p on my card which I felt was insulting to get my money put back into my bank account sooner . The lady's manor was discusting she was I felt treating us like a bunch of teenagers as we where so confused about the full payment situation when Infact are all more educated than her she should have just explained the terms and conditions prior. I would recommend the hotel was in fab location and loved the rooms just a shame the service wasn't the same.. She really needs to get some manors and maybe read over the terms and conditions herself as she didn't seem to know what she was on about! Melissa Hartlepool

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
RoomzzzLeeds, Manager at Roomzzz Leeds City West, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I have looked into your concerns and discussed with my colleagues. As with any hotel when you pay on departure a pre-authorization is held on your card until a payment is made. This process is not different at any city centre hotels.

This is not a charge so monies are held and not taken off a bank account as you have suggested. When guest decide to settle their dues with a different mode of payment, the original authorization will get released by their bank in due course. We have tried to help speed this process by completing this transaction for a nominal amount.

My colleague had tried her best to explain the same on the day and again on departure. Unfortunately this is an important part of the process and staffs are expected to ensure they repeat themselves when necessary. Our website state the correct terms and conditions and these are also displayed against rates before you make a selection.

Thank you once again for your feedback. If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to write to us.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 4, 2014

This place is is excellent value. The rooms/apartments are very clean, modern and in good state of repair and the bed was a very comfortable memory foam mattres. As others have stated it is about a 15 minute walk in to the city center or £5 in a taxi. I did not have an issue with car park which cost the grand sum of £3.30 to park over night. The web price of £46.50 for a "smart studio" is pretty much unbeatable for what you get. Highly recommend the place if you are on business.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is the perfect place to stay if you are visiting Leeds, it's easy to find, within walking distance of the centre, it's clean, the rooms are spacious with everything you need no matter how long your stay is.
Just be careful with the parking though.
Parking for the hotel is over the road in a local council car park. It's £2 over night which is perfectly reasonable but make sure you put another ticket on your car by 8am the following morning or you run the risk of getting stung with a £25 parking fine. Not exactly a great parting present and maybe the hotel could have given us a heads up so be warned people.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank millo70
RoomzzzLeeds, Manager at Roomzzz Leeds City West, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I have taken note of the incidents in question and discussed with some of the guests concerned too. On two occasions shopping and a satnav were on display. This does not mean that other cars will not be at risk but it is always good practice to put away any valuables.

As per my discussion with the policing team the trend has spread across Leeds and it is a much wider problem that they are looking into. As of this week they have made one arrest as a result their ongoing efforts. There are a number of other measures they have discussed with me and we hope these efforts will lead to a much safer car park.

Thank you once again and I will continue to monitor and liaise with the local PCSO's.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Just some advice to fellow travellers, the hotel is great, friendly and helpful staff with a 10-15 minute walk into the city centre so slightly quieter then the City based one.

I stayed for 3 nights and the webiste informs you of the car park opposite "Burley Road Car Park"
take my advise park somewhere else! This car park is a crime hot spot. There is a very re-assuring cctv tower however it is useless the PCSO dealing with my car being broken into even told me he's submitted loads of enquires to the CCTV who never get back to him!

Take a careful look around the car park bays you will see the amount of glass from previous crimes. I never leave valuables in my car but they still broke into it - £200 to fix the glass and so inconvenient if you're trying to meet appointments for business.

No reflection on Rooomz I always use them, but they mention this car park on their website and noone looked surprised when I told them my car ( and 3 others ) was broken into!

I did request they remove the car park from their website, its clearly not safe to park there but not sure they will.

So - Great hotel, dangerous car park - BEWARE!

Room Tip: Front facing glass isn't very sound - proof there was an early morning delivery the driver left...