If you are wanting to visit the Armouries, I guess this will do as a one night stopover, but I don't recommend a longer stay, and here is why
Just walking down the corridor to the rooms there is a sense of refurbishment required immediately, the same when you enter the room. Old tv set with poor reception. Now, I don't normally even turn on the hotel tv, but I had to in order to get internet service (wired) for my laptop. It took two visits to reception and a visit from a member of staff to reboot the tv at the mains switch to get the internet 'login' page available. Getting a work laptop to work via the same sequence just proved impossible (whereas at the same hotel in Bradford it is all wi-fi and just works). Rooms are small, sofa beds look very tired, glad I did not need it.
Breakfast may be free, but really, I tried it and then decided to go out and pay, it was standard Holiday Inn Express fair, very poor quality. I guess I should expect that when free, but I would rather the knocked a pound off the room rate than churn out this horrible excuse for food
On the plus side, staff were very friendly and helpful
If you are not staying for an armouries visit the walk into Leeds is very nice by the canal, if you have 20 mins to do so - therefore not a good business location. Remember it is 20 mins back also
I was told the hotel has new owners who intend to refurbish, replace the rubbish tv's with flat screens, improve the internet experience as well. That would be good, if there is not a price premium
I often need to work in Leeds, but I now value the Holiday Inn Express in Bradford a lot more, simply cheaper and better, even if it means a train ride in the morning (£6.50 day return)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering modern accommodation the new Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre Armouries has been created for value and comfort. The hotel has air conditioned rooms and public areas and every room is equipped with all the facilities guests need for a relaxing and comfortable stay, an invigorating power shower, Freeview TV, Wi-Fi access and tea and coffee making facilities. Located in the heart of Leeds, next to Royal Armouries Museum, this Leeds hotel is the perfect choice for leisure and business, offering 130 rooms and 3 meeting rooms. Guests can enjoy our delicious inclusive Express Start breakfast including hot favourites in our great room. If you want impressive architecture, exciting nightlife, great shopping and world-renowned sports venues then our hotel in Leeds is ideally located. The hotel is only a 15 minutes walk from the vibrant city of Leeds and Leeds city train station, why not try the Water Taxi for free travel from the train station to New Dock on the Leeds-Liverpool and arrive in style. With most of Leeds City Centre pedestrianised it is perfect for family outings and compliments visitors needs. With the stunning Yorkshire Dales within close distance, is it any wonder that Leeds attracts over 11 million visitors each year. Our first-rate meeting room facilities can offer your business an excellent venue for all your corporate needs. Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre Armouries is able to meet the demands of this fast moving environment by offering first class meeting room facilities and first class service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries Hotel Leeds
- Express Leeds City Centre Armouries
- Holiday Inn Leeds
- Leeds Holiday Inn