“Informative but relaxed educational experience!”

Yorkshire Wine School - Day Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine Tasting for everyone! We run fun, informal wine tasting evenings and courses which are designed to guide you through the wonderful world of wine. People come to our events to learn a little more about food and drink, but also to meet new friends who share in their passion for wine! People attend our evenings and classes on their own, in couples or in small groups. Come and join the fun!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We just spent a brilliant 5 hours, which flew by, learning so many new facts and dispelling lots of old wives tales about wine on the Saturday Wine Course. I booked this for myself and my husband during a weekend away as we both enjoy picking up new facts about things, and to give some structure to our weekend. I'm so glad I did! We aren't wine aficionados by any means, and neither did anyone else seem to be really - we were all just a mixed age group (20's thru to 60's, I think!) with an interest in wine. It was well worth the money given it involved sampling 12 wines and learning and contrasting and comparing each one. We also learned about historical, geographical and political influences which may sound dry but it was fascinating. I can certainly now view a wine list with an awful lot more knowledge and confidence in my buying than I was able to before. A great find (through Trip Advisor) and highly recommended.

1  Thank HBBEDS
There are newer reviews for Yorkshire Wine School - Day Classes

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Been on two events with the wine school and thoroughly enjoyed both - one a full day including lunch where we learned about how wine's made, how the flavours develop and tasted 12 different wines. The other a two hour evening session exploring champagnes and sparkling wines. I'll definitely do more of them. The atmosphere's really relaxed and no questions are considered daft.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I completed my WSET Level 2 with Laura last year and am already indebted to her for all that I learnt on the course (Which was an awful lot!!) My boyfriend and I recently attended Laura's evening of Argentinian and Chilean wines. We had such a lovely evening, he has never been to an event like this and I really enjoyed sharing this interest with him. We tasted 3 white wines and 3 red. Focussing on wine by small regions was brilliant and I will be returning to more of these tastings to improve my understanding of wine and geography! The thing I love about tastings with Laura is that we try wines that I can buy locally but may otherwise overlook, it encourages me to explore a little more. She strikes a good balance of being informative but not overwhelming you with too much. I would definitely recommend both her courses and her tasting evenings.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I've done 3 courses/events with the Yorkshire Wine School. All have been thoroughly enjoyable and educational. The tutor Laura Kent is excellent. The first was the one day Introduction to Wines at the Hotel du Vin in Harrogate. Then I wanted to learn more so I did the WSET (Wines & Spirits Educational Trust) level 1 course at the Radisson Blu in Leeds. I learnt so much in a day. I still want to do level 2. I also did the French wines & food evening at Cafe Rouge in Harrogate, this was a more relaxed event. I wanted to do the Thai cooking course with wine, but we weren't free. I totally recommend everything offered by the Yorkshire Wine School, and intend to do more courses/events in the future.

Laura K, Owner at Yorkshire Wine School - Day Classes, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Hi Berenice, thank you so much for your review and your kind words; I am so glad you have enjoyed all your tastings. I am hoping to have another date for the Thai night in the summer, fingers crossed you can make that one!
See you soon,
Laura

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I recently joined 15 other novices at a great day at Yorkshire Wine School at the Radisson in Leeds. I wasnt sure what to expect, but am really glad I went. Its a very relaxed atmosphere with great people, the wines were delicious, and Laura explained why she had chosen them & where you could buy them locally. It really opened my eyes to what fantastic wines are available outside of supermarkets in Leeds.

No snobbery - just a really entertaining evening drinking drinking lovely wines with delicious nibbles - learning as much as you want to learn - I will definitely be back soon. Highly recommended & amazing value!