“Lovely Day”
Review of Waterfall Spa - CLOSED

Waterfall Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Waterfall Spa is a place of tranquility and relaxation in the city of Leeds. Along with The Sanctuary, Covent Garden - we are the UK's only ladies spa. We pride ourselves on personalised service in a professional and intimate setting. Our friendly therapists and guest hospitality teams will ensure your every need is met. We offer the regions largest range of Elemis treatments with over 45 wonderful options and day packages to suit all budgets from £79. Our facilities include a Heat Experience where you can spend time relaxing in our deluxe Hydrotherapy Pool, Sauna, Tropicarium Steam Room and Rasul Mud Chamber where you cover your face and body in warm mud which after relaxing in the head chamber dries and extracts impurities from your skin, lavender infused steam then softens the mud before an invigorating shower washes it off leaving your skin and pores soft and clean. You can also enjoy or Sleep Retreat - deep relaxation in a sumptuous area with circular beds, blankets and pillows. Use it before or after a treatment to read, sleep or chat with friends.
England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Lovely Day”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I visited the spa for a friends hen do. We had pre booked the Summer Sizzler deal which was basically 2 for 1 which made it very affordable. I think I would have been disappointed had I paid full price for the Spa.
After check in you are given a tour of the Spa, the changing rooms are quite small with no private cubicals unless you count the toilets. So for anyone who is body concious.
You were given a robe ( one size fits all ), slippers and towels. The robes were grubby around the collar and some looked well worn. But it was a nice touch to get a bag to put them all in.
Check in was smooth and the staff seemed attentive. We were all allocated slots for late afternoon for our treatments. So lots of time to lie around. We were a group of 6 and they were another 3 groups of 2 so it did feel a little crowded as there are not enough beds for all in the relaxation area.
I was a little disappointed with the lack of music or the offer of an MP3 player or Ipod to use. They did have magazines to read.
The Hydro pool and Sauna/Steam areas could do with a bit of work. The steam room had tiles missing from the seating area and holes in the wall where it looked like someone had punched the wall or fallen into it. The hot/cold rain shower wasn't working, kept running cold only.
The cafe area is nice and the food was good but drinks were expensive.
As it was a hen do I would have expected a bit more pampering, maybe a glass of bubbly on arrival or with lunch.
As for the treatment it was WONDERFUL, Zoe the therapist was very attentive. The rooms were nice and relaxing and very clean. As this was an aromatherapy massage I was expecting a choice of oils but this was chosen by the therapist. The massage was lovely and very relaxing.
I probably wouldn't return as overall the spa was a little tired and could do with some attention.
I would probably recommend the half day pass as anything longer and it gets a bit boring.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank PrestongirlEngland

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Poor customer service, not value for money not relaxing!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I didnt enjoy it very much, it wasnt value for money & the staff were not friendly and welcoming and did provide the customer service I expected, it was quite appalling.

The mud treatments wasnt what i expected, i did not feel relaxed after the treatment & did not see much difference to my skin. I actually felt quite itchy.
I was not relaxed after the whole day really, i expected much better and , ii will not recommend it to anyone and I wont ever come back.
Overpriced and it is really a small Place with no swimming pool and poor facilities that need repairs.

Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Dissapointed”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I went to the Waterfall Spa yesterday as a bithday treat from my daughter. We were really looking forward to the visit but we were both very dissapointed. The staff were all lovely and very attentive but some of the facilities were very poor. There were tiles missing from the sauna seating area and the wall was damaged and tiles were cracked. I was issued with a stained dressing gown and another customer complained to me that her dressing gown did not have a belt! The bins in the changing were overflowing and did not have enough seating. The facial I had was really relaxing and the therapist was really nice but the couch was covered in a damp towel. After the treatment there was nowhere to relax because all of the beds near the jacuzzi were occupied and the relaxation area was also full so my daughter and myself had to wander around until a bed became free. This was not exactly the relaxing experience we were expecting! The food in the restaurant was amazing though and the 'try me products' were a brilliant idea.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank 591Jules123
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“ok”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I went here for my mum's birthday. I paid £45 for the two of us. Not what I expected, it's small and with only a 'hot tub', sauna and steam room didn't really leave me as relaxed as I had hoped.
The wall with products on was a good idea, but some of the bottles were empty.
Staff were friendly and we had a nice back massage.
Overall it was ok, but it just lacked something, more relaxing seating would have helped, if you got up you lost yoor seat!! I guess for what you pay it's a nice 3 hours on an evening.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank jaqualineclark
Huddersfield
“Room for improvement; looks worn and needs TLC”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Visit: Thursday evening spa pass, attended with my mother.

Website use: Excellent - to look for packages and general navigation and user friendly

Booking experience and initial customer service : Excellent

Initial welcome: Excellent - good rapport and good customer service

Changing rooms: Small, lack of facilities and changing area. Getting changed in the toilets as there is more space and only place where it is private to get changed.

Induction: good - complimentary welcome drink and show round.

Facilities: Poor/good - use of all facilities potentially could be over within 40 minutes. 10 minutes in the Sauna / 10 mins in the steam room / experience shower few minutes / Thermal pool 20 mins to complete all 3 parts. The spa pool bit annoying that people can only enjoy one part at a time. Limits the number of people who can enjoy the spa pool at the same time.

The common areas in the spa are quiet noisy with the echoy of peoples conversations from either the beds or generally people meandering to the next facility. Needs infusion of soft music to create an ambiance, needs some alternative smell to the foist of the experience shower and spa pool. Doesn't feel relaxing.

Boudoir: felt a little uncomfortable. Big beds with beaded curtains. Didn't create a relaxing environment. Room slightly cold and no music in case disturb the treatment rooms and felt an uncomfortable area to be laying on the same bed to relax with your mum.

Cafe: No real ambiance. feels like a waiting room. Those awkward silences when you know people can overhear your conversations. Prices seem average for food and drink.

Treatments: Didn't have any so cannot pass any judgment.

Price: Evening spa pass 241 - would not have wanted to pay anymore money whatsoever. I was disappointed as it was and does not warrant any more expenditure.

Perhaps my level of expectation was high as I do enjoy attending spas with my mum. But this facility did not meet any of our expectations. Areas needed a lot of TLC. The steam room, hole in the wall and tiles were coming off, general smell of foist in some areas, shower area in changing rooms - disgusting (black mould, blocked shower units with rising water, rusty shower shelving units) and bins overflowing with rubbish which prevented the lid from closing.

An incident occurred which didn't give rise to the confidence of administering basic first aid or any general procedures in the event of any incidents.

Customer service on leaving: left underwhelmed

A letter has been sent to Rachel separately to inform her of our experience and further information on the incident.

Visited April 2012