“Didn't even know it was there”
Review of The Tetley

The Tetley
Ranked #64 of 164 things to do in Leeds
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Saw on the internet they were doing an Easter egg hunt. There was things to do. And things to make. All FREE. My 2 girls were given a disposable camera to take pictures of what they liked and then hand them in when they were leaving it was brilliant. If there was any interesting pictures they were going to print and use on the internet. The kids loved it. Now I know where it is and what it is I shall be going again. The cafe is reasonably priced too. Recommend for a family as it is a free day out.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

This relatively new 'attraction' markets itself as an Arts Centre. There is no art/exhibits to view!! Don't waste your time coming here - or the fee to park your car in the adjacent car park. There were a couple of small tables at which very young children could do some colouring and a noisy café - which looked too awful to even venture into for a closer look. This is truly the most dreadful 'attraction' I have ever visited in more than 45 years of actively visiting museums and galleries world wide.

5  Thank Jan S
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

My Daughters booked a table here for a Mothers Day celebration.
Bar staff were very friendly and although our table was booked, we were able to enjoy a drink in the bar area without being rushed to eat. We had pre-ordered our meals and they were served with no delays.
The food was delicious, with excellent presentation. In all, a great place to eat with great staff, all of which were attentive and very pleasant. A great atmosphere here, all and seemed very relaxed. We will definitely book again. Reason the menu, I'm looking forward to afternoon tea!!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I managed to persuade my teenage son to venture out and had heard about a new art space opening in Leeds. It was easy to park and the building had character but the exhibitions were complete rubbish! We lasted 20 minutes and I tried to make it interesting for my son but we spent more time looking at the lift than anything else. This is a tragic waste of a building which has potential if used correctly. I think a visit to The Hepworth Gallery in Wakefield or Leeds art gallery would be far more fulfilling for anyone!

2  Thank Jo K
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I visited The Tetley with my young family over the half term holiday, and had an absolutely wonderful time. The building is beautiful, the staff are extremely friendly, and both my children were thoroughly entertained with the arts activities. They were especially enamoured with the record player, and absolutely loved sitting at the bar.
We didn't have anything to eat there this time, but the menu looks very inviting and the cafe area was extremely relaxing.
I would recommend this to anyone looking to step away from the hustle and bustle of city centre shopping. A lovely surprise.

1  Thank Claire I