“Awesome coffee terrible food and expensive”
Review of Notes

Notes
Ranked #1,108 of 1,891 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: British, Bar, Wine Bar
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

After walking around the top floor of Trinity looking for somewhere to have a proper breakfast I found Notes. It looked nice and the menu seemed better. A young member of staff saw me and was helpful when choosing a coffee. I ordered the English breakfast and a flat white. The coffee was beautiful but that's all. The only good bit about the food service was getting a pager to let you know when your food is ready. I was given plastic cutlery and found it difficult to cut through the ping and ding food that I was served. It looked like a cheap school dinner. One leathery sausage, two strips of streaky bacon, two eggs, a mushroom that looked like it had been left out over night and some soggy bread was what I got for £7. Disappointed as the coffee was great but the food was a massive let down.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We ordered two small lattes, a beef & ale pie & a chicken burger with chips.

Everything was freshly made & our coffees were made to perfection, we were given a buzzer & told to take a seat while our food was being made.

10 minutes later our food arrived & it was so tasty we could of eaten more.

We left very happy & hope to be back next time we visit Trinity.

2  Thank ElliottJames
Reviewed January 12, 2014

So, It's fair to say I have become quite a regular now here at Notes. Partly due to being welcomed with a beautiful smile but mainly the coffee and wine selection.

Coffee here is great served by baristas who truly care for the coffee they serve. Yes it takes a little longer than your average, say Costa or Starbucks but it's served with passion and care. We LOVE it!!! You will always find they only serve the beans that are "in season" and what's best is they have their own roastery.

My partner and I love the Pinot Grigio here. The girl who served us was confident it would be one of the nicest ones we would try. We only wanted a glass of wine but the girl was so friendly and knowledgable that we ended up buying the bottle.AND. Well done to you because you managed to please my wife.. Which is something I often find hard to do. We both really enjoyed the wine. And the service with a smile. We will be back to visit you all again soon.

Keep up the good work.

1  Thank JohnDawn1966
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I love the coffee at this place. You can tell it's made by people who care what a decent coffee should taste like.

What surprised me though was the quality of the food and wine they serve too. Their cakes are baked fresh every morning and come in generous portions and they're changed frequently (although thankfully my favourites, the Frionds (a type of almond cake), seem to be a fixture on the menu.

The venue itself is an oasis of calm, on the entrance to the more manic central hub of Trinity Kitchen, so it's a a great place to escape from the chaos and chill out. The staff are very friendly and easy on the eye too which is no bad thing ;-)

All in all a great little spot to either prepare for a shopping jaunt at Trinity, or to recover from one.

2  Thank LeedsGuy69
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to eat out for a change in leeds and found this place a little bit expensive £6.50 for a glass of wine is a lot over the top our food while plentiful was rather cold the staff were very helpful but we would not eat there again