“WOW”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We came here for my Father-in-laws birthday, now after being a huge fan of Sukhothai round the corner I wasn't expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised with the food and service. And also how busy it was for a random Tuesday night. Going back again.

P.S get the Japanese Teriyaki sauce.

2  Thank Quatie

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I have visited this restaurant several times and have always been very happy with the experience. As a vegetarian I am pleased to say there is a wide range of options, both starter and main. The tofu is done perfectly but if that's not your taste, there are plenty of other vegetable, rice and noodle dishes to choose from. I tried the Thai lemonade at my last visit - very refreshing and memorably different (lemonade doesn't normally contain basil). The decor and atmosphere are in keeping and enhance the food. My only slight quibble is that it can be a bit dark which makes seeing the menu difficult at some tables.

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Went on a Saturday evening . Food, service and atmosphere were all excellent . Will certainly be going again and will recommend to friends

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurants on a Saturday evening and we were four of us. We ordered two mixed starters to share which were very good, especially the fish cakes and the lamb chops. As a main course I ordered masaman chicken curry accompanied by steamed jasmine rice, this dish was also very good. The restaurant has a good atmosphere and the service is good and attentive. Overall it was a good experience and I feel like recommending this place if you want to have some good Thai/oriental food.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Okay price, okay service. Some delicious dishes, some disappointing.

We've been to the Old Police Station in Chapel Allerton many times and as a few different restaurants. As a building and location it deserves a stunning restaurant, which might then be successful and stay around for longer than a few years. Siam Oriental is good to average Thai place, that's it. Okay for a quick meal but not massively different or inspiring. Doesn't compare well to Sukhothai.

1  Thank Funneee