Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Warm, busy, fascinating, and fun.

I remember when it was hardly more than a warm glass house with a few exotic butterflies. Now it is... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
gourmetflaneur
York, United Kingdom
a day out

the last visit before going home and this Tropical World well what can i say its breath taking the... read more

Reviewed today
Steve W

Recommended experiences in and around Leeds
from $41.84
More Info
from $38.63
More Info
2,244 results
All reviews roundhay park butterfly house butterflies flying butterfly area beautiful butterflies different species gift shop per adult rainy day couple of hours leeds card across the road all ages great place to visit canal gardens entrance fee school holidays
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A nice place to go with your small children. The butterfly house is amazing and my daughter loved it. Unfortunately I fiund it too expensive for what it is. I don't think I would like to return.

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank Eleonorag1988
Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

Nice place to spend an hour or so with the children.
All the amenities there you would expect.
Not enough at Tropical World to spend a whole day there, best off bringing a picnic and heading off into Roundhay Park afterwards for a walk to visit the lake and playground etc.

1  Thank MeganP114
Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

Perfect for anyone and everyone who loves nature and animals! I’ve been going since I was a kid and still go now in my mid 20s! Educational and fun for all ages!

Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

Enjoyed the place. Went with wife and 2 kids - nice variety of animals. Has a nice cafe and garden aswell

Reviewed September 5, 2019

We visited this week with our 10 month old and after a walk around Roundhay park and gardens we had a very good value lunch in the cafe here and lovely wander around. We paid £7 per adult and our baby was free. They have lots of animals - butterflies, birds, turtles, tortoises, fish, snakes, frogs, spiders, lizards, crocs, meerkats to name a few! Great place for little ones as it isn't too big so they won't get fed up and also they have a huge shop.