“As usual staff friendly - restaurant next door not so good”

Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel
Ranked #33 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Elgin, United Kingdom
“As usual staff friendly - restaurant next door not so good”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

After staying in 2 previous Premier Inns during the week this was the last one of our travels. The staff as we find with all Premier Inns were fantastic, warm, welcoming and very helpful! We got caught in a torrent of heavy rain with our 2 young children and the staff dried our clothes over night forums which was brilliant. The down side was the restaurant next door, we walked in and promptly walked blackout again on the first evening , it was clearly a 'local' bar and wasn't a place I wanted to be with my children.

Breakfast the next day was in the same restaurant and although the breakfast itself was faultless, the staff, apart from one older woman, could have learned a great deal from the hotel staff! Not really a fault with the Premier Inn though but the only reason I never gave 5 stars.

The room was a bit stuffy but a fan was provided, the beds themselves were comfortable and the room clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
OpsMgrLeedsEast, General Manager at Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your your kind comments and compliments Kristine. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Leeds East Premier Inn and look forward to welcoming you back again soon hopefully! Kindest regards, Vida Forsyth & all the team at Leeds East.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Scotland
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed with my husband and 2 sons, nice, clean room and friendly staff, will defo stay again x maybe a bit more storage in room for clothes, this is my only fault. room was spotless every day when we came back, cleaned thoroughlly with clean towels every day x very good value for money compared to other hotels in the area x

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
OpsMgrLeedsEast, General Manager at Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Leeds East Premier Inn and look forward to welcoming you back again soon hopefully! Kindest regards, Vida Forsyth & all the team at Leeds East.
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Another stay at a premier, and just where do they get their staff from, I have never came across a unfriendly or un helpful member of staff at a PI, typical room layout, and on the whole quite comfortable room. It was clean, one minor issue but this didn't spoil my stay that was a very slight 'brackish' smell coming from the bath plug hole but nothing major and certainly didn't spoil my stay.
I can't say about breakfast as I overslept again, so sleep is no problem. I did find the TV a bit small, and a little noise from two clowns who kept having meets out side my bedroom door. Apart from this there was hardly any noise.
I still don't like the doll sized teacups or lack of biscuits, must start taking a decent sided mug for my tea
It was a light room and perfect for my needs with the exception of power points to run the laptop off or recharge my phone
I'd go back, it was a perfect location for my needs and only a couple of miles from where I had a meeting
Great staff, who talk and make you feel welcome, been in better places but paid the premium to do so and this suited my needs perfectly

Room Tip: All premier inns are a similar room, I was on the ground floor looking out over the rear car park an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
OpsMgrLeedsEast, General Manager at Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your witty review and kind comments and compliments. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Leeds East Premier Inn. You are not the only person to mention to us the odour from the bathroom, so we have just had all of our drains jetted out. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon hopefully! Kindest regards, Vida Forsyth & all the team at Leeds East.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The premier in itself was as you would expect. clean rooms, friendly staff.

Unfortunately the pub next door is largely used by locals there is a free disco every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month which brings in high volume of customers
and doesn't finish until 1am.

We had 3 rooms booked all of which were disturbed at some point in the night by the pub next door.
Also not very family friendly so we found alternative eating arrangements.

due to this Unfortunately we wouldn't use this premier in again

• Stayed July 2013
OpsMgrLeedsEast, General Manager at Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are very disappointed to hear our hotel did not live up to your expectations. At Leeds East Premier Inn it remains our objective to deliver a high standard of service to all guests, but am saddenend that we could not do this on this occasion. I am sorry you will not be staying with us again, but I do hope you continue to use Premier Inn in future.

Kindest Regards, Vida & all the team at Leeds East
Cheltenham, Glos
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Was exactly as you'd expect from a Premier Inn - freindly welcome, standard decor and a great price. Pub 'attached' to the hotel was good - wierd, but good (traditional pub and bar food on the ground floor, Thai restaurant upstairs!). I think that normally the only takeaway is for Thai food, however I overheard the barman saying to another customer that if you're staying in the hotel, they will also do the pub food as take-out.

Was staying with work so expect that I'll be staying again, but I certainly won't be dreading it.

Room Tip: Rooms over the car park seem to be quieter
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review Mike. I am delighted that you were pleasantly surprised with your visit at Leeds East Premier Inn & we look forward to welcoming you back very soon, Vida & all the team at Leeds East.
Edinburgh
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I loved my stay here. Me and my partner stayed here in June 2013 as we were attending a wedding nearby in thorner. Very central to thorner-5 mins car journey away. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly on arrival!!! Our room was very spacious and very clean!! And bed was extremely comfortable!!! Hotel was very accommodating when it came to asking for extras in the room, ie ironing board and iron!!!overall worth them obey paid. Would stay again if in Leeds!!

• Stayed June 2013
OpsMgrLeedsEast, General Manager at Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for all your kind comments and compliments. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Leeds East Premier Inn and look forward to welcoming you back again soon hopefully! Kindest regards, Vida Forsyth & all the team at Leeds East.
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Firstly, the directions they supply are not that clear - use SatNav if you have it. The hotel is in a largely residential area, with very little in the way of local amenities like shops and restaurants. We needed some groceries and a cash machine during our stay, and it was about a 10 minute walk to a Tesco Express.

Breakfast is served in the Brown Cow pub next door (no indoor access from the hotel). You had to book your breakfast at check-in, as the pub did not accept walk-ins in the morning, though I'm not clear if this was because we stayed at the weekend.

Our room was cold, even though I kept turning the thermostat up. There was no light over the bathroom mirror, and the room in general was dimly lit. There was no soap in the bathroom, though they had remembered to refill the shower gel container. In line with Premier Inn policy, we were only given one hand towel between two of us (though they did give us another one on request). Some of the ground floor rooms are down a set of 8 steps, so be aware of this if you have mobility problems or extra luggage.

Breakfast in the Brown Cow was below the usual Premier Inn standard, with far less choice of breakfast items.

Given that this is not one of the better Premier Inns, I felt the room rate was overpriced.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
OpsMgrLeedsEast, General Manager at Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
We are sorry that you were not happy with your stay at our hotel. At Leeds East Premier Inn we endeavour to deliver a high level of service in all our hotels, and we apologise that you did not receive this during your stay. Your feedback has been noted and will be duly investigated by myself. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, we hope to welcome you back to Leeds East Premier Inn in the future.
Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel so we can improve on our weaker areas. Kindest Regards, Vida & all the team at Leeds East