“Friendly Staff”

Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel
Ranked #34 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed 3 nights from 14th Sept whilst visiting relatives. The hotel staff were very friendly and professional. The room and bathroom were OK. We've stayed before and there always seems to be noise in the corridors but we can't be bothered to ring and complain, which is our fault, I know.
The Brown Cow and Dragon pub is (for me anyway!) the worst pub/restaurant attached to a Premier Inn. It's has dirty carpets and furniture and the staff seem untrained? We had to eat there on Sunday evening as we didn't want to drive. We ordered Thai food, which tasted quite good. But no Thai condiments offered and presentation was poor. The waitress looked scruffily dressed. Could be so much better!

Room Tip: Second floor odd numbers face the front. I imagine even numbered rooms would be quiter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol G
OpsMgrLeedsEast, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Carol G,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay & the team will be glad to see your comments on them.
I will pass your comments on to the Orchid Brown Cow manager for there feedback
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds East Premier Inn
Kind regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night last weekend.
Check in process was friendly and efficient.

Overall we enjoyed a very peaceful stay - highlights were a nice comfy bed and a lovely pub conveniently located next door.

We only have one complaint - the shower was barely a trickle. Not sure if this was a fault or an attempt at energy efficiency. We didn't mention this at reception as had a very early check out.

Overall - a very pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012
OpsMgrLeedsEast, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds East Premier Inn Kind regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed in this hotel on Saturday 8th Sept for a wedding at Harewood House. It's not as central as other Leeds hotels, but that is reflected in the price and it is perfectly located for access to the A1.

The room was perfect for what we needed (we stayed in a family room, with 2 kids beds and a cot) and the service we received from the two girls on reception was fantastic. On returning home we realised we had left our daughter's music box in the room and the hotel are arranging to post it back to us which I think sums up the level of care we received. Very happy!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as they endeavour to give all our guests a high level of service. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have stayed in this Premier Inn on a number of occasions and have always found the staff in the Hotel polite and very helpful. This was the case in August when I had booked for a two night stay.
Unfortunately my experience at the adjoining pub could not have been the same. My dinner was somehow overcooked and cold. I had order a rare stake which came so over cooked it was very well done, but must have been standing for some time as the meal was cold. My breakfast the next morning was no better with sausages being cold.
The food was so bad that I did not bother staying the second night I had paid for.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Hi Richard E,
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us at the Leeds East Premier Inn, I am happy that the team were helpfull throughout your stay.
I am disappointed to hear that your experience in the pub wasnt to standard, please accept my apologies and i will make sure your feedback is passed on to the Manager next door.
Do not hesitate in contacting me direct at the hotel to discuss further.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

A very good budget Premier Inn with large car park and independent bar on site. Slightly out of town but with good bus links to city centre, and therefore slightly cheaper than city centre. Staff and facilities excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds East Premier Inn.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I had to pay above the normal £29 rate I look for due to short notice travel, this is reflected in the review; which is the lowest I have given to a Premier Inn. Will look at other options in the future - only styed here as other York area Premier Inns were £80-100 plus on the night needed.

The room was good sized first floor with bath and shower. The wooden floors transmitted every movement of the occypant above, but this is to be expected in builds of this nature.

Even overlloking the road, there was little traffic noise

Overall the room was well cleaned, but the bathroom is tired and in need of a thotough clean down. Mould on in bath handles and in places around the bath should be dealt with.

Bed as noral is on the harder side of comfortable, but adequate.

On arrival Car Park was full and had to park on the road. Largely due to what looked like a fairground ride/mobile cafe packing away over about a quarter of the car park - this was manned by two spitting foul mouthed drivers who had also parked a couple of their own cars across 2 or 3 parking spots. Plenty of room later, but this was an irritation that felt worse being accompanied by a heavy downpoar which meant an uneccessary soaking.

Staff helpful as always. Not worth asking for a room change for minor problems identified above

Food is from an apparently private pub on site and breakfast seemed to be on a temporary bar. There was no Twinnings tea options and skimmed milk had to be asked for. The eating area was not up to standrds of a Brewers Inn or Beefeater on most other Premier Inn Sites.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
OpsMgrLeedsEast, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are sorry that you were not happy with your stay at our hotel. At Leeds East Premier Inn we endeavour to deliver a high level of service in all our hotels, and we apologise that you did not receive this during your stay. Your feedback has been noted and will be duly investigated by myself. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss further.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

woken with a start by binman dropping bin of lorry hard on tarmac at 7.30 am.sink taps nearly impossible to turn off.no grop if you have arthritis and water hot.hot on the verge of scalding.staff try to help but just say will report problems.no refund offered for disturbances.

Room Tip: dont sleep at rear .bins emptied sundays
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Ron51,

Thank you for your review, we are very disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel. At Leeds East Premier Inn it remains our objective to deliver a high standard of service in our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel. I will then be able to investigate the issues raised.