“good food and distinctive”

Aarti South Indian and Punjabi Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 1,974 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Advance notice: due to a first ever family holiday, we will be shut from Wednesday 3rd June until we re-open on Thursday 18th June at the normal time. We would love to see all our regular and new customers then.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Very pleased to find that Shyamal now runs Aarti on Street Lane and so I can again enjoy the food we had from Arti at the Old Police Station in Chapel Allerton. These dosa and chaat selections are not widely available elsewhere.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Had been to Aarti when it was in Chapel Allerton but this was our first time at the new venue.
Not the easiest place to spot if you don't know where it is, above '@home'-a bar on Street Lane . The bar is not connected so don't be put off, once into the restaurant we were seated straight away as it was a Wednesday evening.
We had poppadums and pickle tray, lamb hyderabadi, lamb dopiaza, pilau rice, naan and chapatti. The curry was especially good, the lamb perfectly tender, the rice steaming hot.
Will definitely be returning and would certainly recommend it.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I remember coming to this place a few years ago when it was on Roundhay Road. I had thought it had closed completely, but a few weeks ago me and my partner discovered that it had moved to Chapel Allerton. Unfortunately, when we attempted to go there we discovered it was no longer at that location. After a bit of googling we found it has subtly changed its name to Aarti (note the additional "a"), and is now to be found on Street Lane in Roundhay.

We had paneer tikka and bhel puri to start. Both were very good, with generous portions. But the real star were the dosas. We were warned it would take a while to cook, but it was worth the wait. I love dosas, and I am incredibly happy to have found a good dosa place in Leeds. I had the Keralan dosa, which was bursting with fresh flavours from the green peppers and chillies and had a firey burn. My partner had the paneer dosa, which impressed me with the generous amount of paneer and incredible flavours (yes, I steal their food!).

The meal was really good value too, as there was a special offer on Mondays (dosas for £5.95). In total, it came to £25 for two people (including soft-drinks). Well worth it!

The service was brilliant too: very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Excellent service, lovely food. We chose Lamb Palak and Maratha Chicken - quite hot. Tender meat , good size portions.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I used to go to Arti's in Chapel Allerton just for the Dhosa. Was disappointed they closed but not surprised. Any restaurant would struggle to cope with the size and layout of the old police station.
When I found out they had reopened in Roundhay I paid a visit and am happy to say the food is still of the same high standard. I would say the smaller premises helps to create a more intimate experience and means the service isn't spread as thinly. Pity the bar downstairs looks a complete dive but ignore this as the food at Aarti's is amazing.