“Very Impressed”

Aarti Restaurant
Ranked #141 of 1,838 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Advance notice: due to a first ever family holiday, we will be shut from Wednesday 3rd June until we re-open on Thursday 18th June at the normal time. We would love to see all our regular and new customers then.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very Impressed”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Taken to this restaurant by my sister and her husband who are locals and regulars and I was very impressed by the high quality of the cooking and the pleasant service. I hope we will go again when we are back in Leeds. Thanks

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Glad to see Shami back”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We've been enjoying Shami's great food for a few years and were disappointed when the Chapel Allerton restaurant closed. Really pleased withour several visits to his new Aarti in Street Lane, Roundhay. The food is as good as ever and we're looking forward to our first Aarti Dosa on Saturday!

1 Thank Elizabeth P
“Wowzers!! Better & better every time!!!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

As a weekly/bi weekly regular in the old Arti in Chapel Allerton and was gutted when it closed so I was buzzing to hear that Sham had opened on his own as Aarti on Street Lane. Sham is amazing, so friendly, happy and super attentive and always gives you the personal touch (he always done our extra spicy jumbo tandoori prawns himself, although he was managing and waiting) gem!!!
The food was even better than before and Sham introduced us to a Dosa (on the house, to try it) mmmm!! It's a lovely, very light, healthy, rice and lentil pancake with various fillings, it was lush!!
It's a cute, wee venue with the best, very, very reasonably priced food and lovely staff, beer, wine & food!! If you love a good curry... Get yourself to Aarti!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Zoe M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food & personal touch”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Over the past 4 years Cathy and I have got to know Shami very well at the Old Police Station in Chapel A. His food has always been the best around, so we and our friends were really pleased to see the restaurant reinvented as Aarti on Street Lane.
The welcome is always warm and the food continues to be freshly made and delicious. You can tell everything is prepared with a passion for food.
We're going again tonight.
Neil

1 Thank Neil B
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Keep calm and curry on!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I usually don’t bother with feedbacks, but felt compelled to do so as this place is just exceptional. We were just walking down street lane to Roundhay Park and stumbled onto this place called Aarti. So we thought why not, as it sounded like authentic Indian (being half Indian, I avoid the so called Indian restaurants seving greasy curries). We were greeted by friendly staff and the restaurant was warm and cosy. Though the ambience is simple, it is clean and elegant. I was excited to read the menu as it had so many dishes which you would not find in your local curry house e.g selection of dosas, chats, etc. We had absolutely loved these dishes when we had visited India in the past.
There were 4 of us and for starters we shared tandoori prawn, lamb chops, seekh kebab and veg manchurian. The marinated prawns were tender and full of flavour and definitely our favourite. But the rest of the starters were also equally tasty and went down well with beer. For the main course my girlfriend had mysore dosa and she thought it was fantastic. I had a rara gosht lamb (which was recommended by the staff) and this was probably the best lamb I have ever had. It was moist and succulent and the flavours were just right. Our friends had maratha chicken and chicken tikka masala with naan breads and they just loved them. The dishes were not overtly hot and the spices were perfect.
I would highly recommend the rara gosht lamb and the maratha chicken as these were 2 standout dishes which I think is unique to this place.
I do feel the service could have been better. We waited for slightly longer than expected, but then it was a busy time. We didn’t mind as it meant more beer! The price was very reasonable. We spent around 18£ each, which I felt, was a bargain. I will definitely go back again and try some more authentic curries and dosas. I would also recommend this place to anyone who is into Indian food. Sorry, real Indian food!

1 Thank VIJFood