“Excellent food & personal touch”
Review of Aarti Restaurant

Aarti Restaurant
Ranked #111 of 1,838 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Advance notice: due to a first ever family holiday, we will be shut from Wednesday 3rd June until we re-open on Thursday 18th June at the normal time. We would love to see all our regular and new customers then.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food & personal touch”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Over the past 4 years Cathy and I have got to know Shami very well at the Old Police Station in Chapel A. His food has always been the best around, so we and our friends were really pleased to see the restaurant reinvented as Aarti on Street Lane.
The welcome is always warm and the food continues to be freshly made and delicious. You can tell everything is prepared with a passion for food.
We're going again tonight.
Neil

1 Thank Neil B

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Keep calm and curry on!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I usually don’t bother with feedbacks, but felt compelled to do so as this place is just exceptional. We were just walking down street lane to Roundhay Park and stumbled onto this place called Aarti. So we thought why not, as it sounded like authentic Indian (being half Indian, I avoid the so called Indian restaurants seving greasy curries). We were greeted by friendly staff and the restaurant was warm and cosy. Though the ambience is simple, it is clean and elegant. I was excited to read the menu as it had so many dishes which you would not find in your local curry house e.g selection of dosas, chats, etc. We had absolutely loved these dishes when we had visited India in the past.
There were 4 of us and for starters we shared tandoori prawn, lamb chops, seekh kebab and veg manchurian. The marinated prawns were tender and full of flavour and definitely our favourite. But the rest of the starters were also equally tasty and went down well with beer. For the main course my girlfriend had mysore dosa and she thought it was fantastic. I had a rara gosht lamb (which was recommended by the staff) and this was probably the best lamb I have ever had. It was moist and succulent and the flavours were just right. Our friends had maratha chicken and chicken tikka masala with naan breads and they just loved them. The dishes were not overtly hot and the spices were perfect.
I would highly recommend the rara gosht lamb and the maratha chicken as these were 2 standout dishes which I think is unique to this place.
I do feel the service could have been better. We waited for slightly longer than expected, but then it was a busy time. We didn’t mind as it meant more beer! The price was very reasonable. We spent around 18£ each, which I felt, was a bargain. I will definitely go back again and try some more authentic curries and dosas. I would also recommend this place to anyone who is into Indian food. Sorry, real Indian food!

1 Thank VIJFood
england
“great its been reborn as AArti”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

"Excellent as always, missed Shyamal's cooking for the last couple of months. But now he's opened up at the old Curry Lounge, about @Home on Strret Lane, Leeds. Opposite the petrol station. Food top notch indian cuisine to die for. Go and see for yourself, you will not be disappointed"

1 Thank seasone_traveller
leeds
“Good takeaway.”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Went last night for a takeway.
Ordered 2 classic as chicken tikka and jalfrezi.
Lovely food, very tasty and I would say very light compared to most of the curry you can get around.
Good to have a nice curry on street lane.

1 Thank alpimarittime
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Arti's is now Aarti's and has moved from Chapel Allerton to Roundhay”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Arti's in Chapel Allerton was our favourite Indian restaurant in Leeds, if not the world, so we were very disappointed when it closed down earlier this year.

We were therefore delighted to discover that it has added an "a" to its name and relocated and reopened in Roundhay, Leeds this month.

The chefs are the same, the owner is the previous head waiter, and the food is as good as ever. We visited tonight and enjoyed the delights of the aubergine masala and chaana masala, all washed down with a Cobra beer.

We would very much encourage other patrons of Artis, Chapel Allerton to reacquaint themselves with Aarti's, Roundhay, and for those who have not previously frequented either restaurant to get themselves along to Street Lane to sample the delightful and authentic Indian cuisine on offer here!

1 Thank Alex F