“Fantastic Summer stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Summer stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed here in the Summer with my partner and daughter and had a lovely overnight stay. The staff were fab & the room was clean, comfortable and roomy. We had food in the bar...lovely atmosphere. Catered for all our needs; we arrived quite late and still were able to order without question. Food was freshly prepared despite the time and high quality.
Ate breakfast in the restaurant the following morning - huge range on offer!! Offered continental, full English as well as fresh fruit/cereal etc. Couldn't decide so had both hot and cold!
Met manager - he was courteous and happy to spend time discussing our stay & reason for visiting Leeds.
Overall great stay - highly recommend :-)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael S, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leeds, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Victoriakate1981,
Thank you very much for your review.
It is superb to read that we looked after you well and the team were so accommodating.
Hopefully you are visiting Leeds again soon and choose Bewleys!
Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Greek first
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Last minute booking and I had never heard of this chain before, but, I was generally impressed with the hotel.

It is about a 10 minute walk from the train station and seems quite a new build. check in was a breeze and I was allocated a room on the 2nd floor.

The room was a good size and had everything you could need from a business hotel. it was clean and well appointed.

Dinner was included in the rate and when I arrived at the restaurant at 9.30pm it was empty and my order was soon taken.

WOW is the only thing I can say about the food...it was fabulous and apart from licking the plate clean there was nothing else I can say about it.

A very comfortable bed and had a great night sleep and felt refreshed...which is what you want from a hotel really.

Would I recommend it...hell yes! If you are ever in Leeds I would recommend you stay here, you will get a warm welcome and great food!

Room Tip: Get an executive room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Welshtraveller36
Dear Welshtraveller36,
Thank you very much for such a glowing report!
There is not much I can add to that other than I hope you return soon to Bewleys!
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Handy, clean and close to leeds city centre. The bar areas have recently been refurbished and are very cosy with sports & news shown on the screens in the bar.

Rooms are a good size and generally clean. If you don't like smoke then make sure you don't get a non-smoking room on the smoking floor because its still off putting.

Good access to asda house, beware the overnight parking fills up very early and parking on street means u have to be up early to avoid the traffic wardens.

Breakfast is pretty standard buffet full English & selection of continental.

Staff are pretty helpful.

Room Tip: Try and pick a room away from the lifts as they can be noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Brett R,
Many thanks for your review.
The recent refurbishment has gone down very well and The Inkwell Bar continues to draw in both residents and non-residents alike.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Nottingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has it's own secure carpark which was great!! £10 for overnight stay which we thought was good.
Check in was fine, had 2 rooms of 3, which were next door to each other. Rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable.
Was around a 15minute walk into town. We got a taxi on the way back. This cost £8.
Heard no noise during the early hours, but maybe that's because we had been drinking.
Check out was very easy & quick!
Perfect for what we needed! No complaints!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Bram23,
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to read that you had a good time both here at Bewleys Hotel and in the City. I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We've stayed at Bewleys on a couple of occasions and have always liked the hotel, it is clean and modern and breakfast is good. However last nights stay was terrible due to being kept awake all night by drunken guests running up and down the corridor and partying in the room next door! Screaming, shouting drunkards were still arriving at 5am!! The room cost us nearly £100, next time I will choose a cheaper hotel and hope for the best!

• Stayed November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Scatterella,
Many thanks for your review.
I am sorry to hear that you had a disrupted nights sleep. We do have regular property walks overnight to make sure that the floors are quiet overnight, CCTV and a security team that will respond to any reports on nosie made. Given the time of year, we have a large proportion of our guests that are in 'party-mode' and it does make it a challenge.
With regards to your other points made, it is great to read that under normal circumstances you enjoy your time with us and hope we can welcome you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed at Bewleys for one night while visiting my daughter at University. The staff at the hotel were, on the phone before we arrived and when we got there, both unprofessional and indifferent. On the phone in particular I found that one woman's manner was downright rude and am willing to elaborate to anyone wishing to know more. When we arrived the check was swift but, again, indifferent. In all I was dubious however, unfortunately, we'd pre-paid so couldn't cancel.

The room was clean enough but very hot and stuffy and there was no way of controlling the heat. We could open the window, but the noise from traffic went on all night despite the fact that we were on the fifth floor and we were unfortunately opposite an office which had its lights on throughout the night as well so generally the room was not conducive to sleep. This was exacerbated by the mattress protector which made the bed burning hot. A nice shower in the morning was marred by the thin, small and rough bath towels which were, frankly, almost unpleasant.

Breakfast was okay but the staff seemed so bored and, you've guessed it, completely indifferent. We're not staying there again, needless to say, but the atmosphere of the place would definitely be improved by better staff training: I got the feeling that they didn't really like the public. Premier Inn was booked up - otherwise we'd have gone there. They've got the training right and the staff are exemplary.

Room Tip: Go up high and choose a room which is NOT opposite the office block.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tessa D
Michael S, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leeds, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Tessa D,
Thank you for your review and feedback.
It doesn't make for good reading whatsoever and I would very much like to discuss the details of your stay with you.
I have sent a direct message with my contact details and very much look forward to hearing from you.
Skipton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stay here in November on our arrival we was asked at check If we would like smoking or none smoking as we both do not smoke we said none smoking which was no problem so imagine our surprise when got to our room and it was a smoking room when we rung to reception all they said was thats all we have left , never was it mentioned when checking in.it just felt like we had been smoking I wouldn't of booked this if I had known it was a smoking room

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Expr,
Thank you very much for your review.
I am sorry to see that there was a mix up with your room allocation. Of our 334 rooms, only 30 are smoking, so normally there are options to move rooms unless we are full.
I have send you a direct message with my details - please can I ask that you contact me directly the next time you wish to book?
I look forward to hearing from you.