“Awful! Terrible management.”

Mix Karaoke Bar
Ranked #121 of 160 Nightlife in Leeds
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Mix Karaoke is known to be the ultimate karaoke venue in Leeds… so if you love karaoke and having a good time then Mix is the right place for you! Mix Karaoke has a main karaoke lounge where you can enjoy performing on our stage with free entry every Friday & Saturday plus a range of drink deals available from 6pm so come on and release your inner Beyonce that’s been waiting to get out, we also have party packages available for in our main karaoke lounge. If you fancy a private celebration for any occasion including birthday’s, hen parties or social gatherings we have 7 different party themed rooms which you can enjoy with different party/celebration packages to suit you! If you can’t see a package you like don’t worry we can have one tailor-made to make your celebration perfect just contact us for more information
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We booked for a 2 hour private karaoke booth for my birthday. What a disappointment it was at Mix Karaoke. We used a "buy one hour get an hour free" voucher and even that felt like we'd been ripped off!
On arrival (in plenty of time for our 5pm start) we made our way upstairs to the bar area where other groups of people were also waiting. We were left standing around and then told to get drinks at the bar. A polite young lady showed us upstairs to our booth at around 5:05pm. We were given basic instruction to use the system which seemed simple enough. We started trying to add songs but everything kept flipping into Chinese! So we pressed the call button for a member of staff to help us.....no response. After 10 minutes of waiting and faffing about we eventually figured it out ourselves. So our karaoke experience started at the much later time of 5:20pm.
As for the choice of songs. Hmm. An awful lot of Chinese pop songs. Couldn't find quite a few of the songs we would have liked to sing. The quality of the sound system was not great either. We did have fun but that was in spite of these things.
Staff popped in at 6:50pm and said that it was our last song. We were asked to leave the booth at 6:57pm. I was so disappointed I made a complaint to the manager. What a waste of time that was!!! He was unhelpful, uninterested and unprofessional. According to him what I complained about was and I quote "all part of the experience". Well I never had that experience at OK Karaoke or any other karaoke place I have been to and it is not an experience I will be repeating!!
Oh and the "karaoke DJ" in the bar area who is supposed to start at 7pm, hadn't started when we left at 7:20pm.
Absolute rubbish!!

"screen"
in 5 reviews
"fab"

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Only good thing about this place was the company that came with us! How is this place getting away with completely ripping customers off? Smelly, dirty, unfriendly and the food (if that's what you want to call it) was completely inadequate, we left hungry and looking for a KFC!

1  Thank Beckieb83
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend when there on Valentine's day night. We had never been there before but we really enjoyed it. It was quite quiet that particular night but that didn't matter because the people who were in provided a nice atmosphere. Everybody applauded after somebody had finished signing. They had some deals on drinks, however there were no offers on any cider to which I was disappointed. Got a chance to speak to the owner and I asked him why there were no offers on cider to which he replied he will look into doing some deals on the cider but in the meantime he gave me discount on my drinks which I really appreciated. Will definitely go back, thank you Mr Cheng!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Bought two group on vouchers which included "all you can eat buffet" was happy on arrival looked the perfect set up. Half-hour to arrive To use were nibble size dishes,The garlic mushrooms had no sign of garlic the meatballs with hot sauce was served with a peanut size dollop of sauce which the manager said they were running out, the chicken and beef wraps are suitable for vegetarians( must have ran out of meat) the salt and pepper chips were just normal chips and the pork with black pepper is served cold. When you speak to the manager about the meat needs to be steaming hot due to myself been pregnany then they kindly offer to re-heat yes re-heat your food offering you the chance of food poisoning. The manager didn't care as I had to make the decision to walk out. doesn't deserve a 1 for food and never got to karaoke

1  Thank Katrina W
See more reviews
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I booked this for a group of ten people ages ranging from 26yrs-56yrs, 5pm-8pm on a Saturday, which coincided with happy hour.After reading previous reviews I had concerns about how the evening may go. I had booked an extra hour on top of the groupon deal and was really glad I did.The private booths are up a flight of stairs but no problem at all to the older members of the group. The food and free drinks may not be the best but you get what you pay for. The private booth was lovely allowed you a bit of escapism for a few hours. There was no problem with the cleanliness of the place or the toilet.The staff were lovely, you could get drinks from the bar which was just outside the room or they popped in to ask if we wanted to order anything. Yes near the end they did tell us a few times that our time was running out but that was Im sure to let us know how much singing time we had and of course they had it booked for another party afterwards. The songs were easy to access all you had to do was put the singer in and a list of available songs came up, even though there was not everything we wanted there was still enough choice for us. The only thing I would have liked was an extra mike but to be fair everybody could be heard , we werent a quiet group.Our three hours flew and we would loved to have had more time singing, was really glad I bought some throat lozenges beforehand. We went to the main area afterwards which was much smaller than we expected and at that time of night lacked atmosphere so we didnt stay. A big thank you to Natasha for been so lovely on the phone and in person, thank you to all the staff that dealt with us during our stay, I did promise I would write a review so here it is. Am keeping an eye out for further groupon deal in the warmer weather, good value for money and a great way to have some family/friend bonding.

2  Thank motherspride1