“Go to Lucky Voice!”

Mix Karaoke Bar
Ranked #119 of 158 Nightlife in Leeds
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Mix Karaoke is known to be the ultimate karaoke venue in Leeds… so if you love karaoke and having a good time then Mix is the right place for you! Mix Karaoke has a main karaoke lounge where you can enjoy performing on our stage with free entry every Friday & Saturday plus a range of drink deals available from 6pm so come on and release your inner Beyonce that’s been waiting to get out, we also have party packages available for in our main karaoke lounge. If you fancy a private celebration for any occasion including birthday’s, hen parties or social gatherings we have 7 different party themed rooms which you can enjoy with different party/celebration packages to suit you! If you can’t see a package you like don’t worry we can have one tailor-made to make your celebration perfect just contact us for more information
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Had fabulous nights out at Lucky Voice so when I saw Mix Karaoke on Groupon had to try it as wasn`t aware of it before. After a mountainous climb up 2 flights of stairs, one of our party was on crutches, we were given the free drinks, my companions were very unimpressed with the cheap wine. When the food arrived it was sliced up hot dogs, some very dodgy looking meatballs on cocktail sticks, a few mini pretzels and some dips, it smelled so awful we moved it as far away as we could and didn`t touch any of it. The screen was quite complicated to use, searching for songs not easy, many our the well known favs not there, and though they boast in the adverts that they have 20,000 songs they do not tell you that loads of them are Japanese! There was horrendous feedback from the mikes and when we asked about this we were told you had to move back from the speakers and sit down to avoid this. One of our party went to the loo and advised the rest of us not to venture there as they were not clean and very smelly. The whole place seemed a bit grimy. If you wanted drinks you had to go out to the bar. The staff were not very helpful and just came in to warn us our time was running out on a couple of occasions. We were just pleased we went on a Groupon deal as if we had paid the supposed full price of £125 the would definitely have been some complaining. Can`t wait to go back to Lucky Voice with friendly staff clean loos and the certainty of a good night out. Would advise people to avoid

3  Thank 58songbird
"great atmosphere"
in 3 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed January 20, 2014

After reading the previous reviews, I was shocked about people's reaction about this place. I love this place! I rung up at night and planned to get a voucher from Groupon. But the lady on the phone was very kindly and introduced me to get a deal that is same as Groupon with them, and I did. The deal is £15 for 10 people with free drink (either a glass of bubbly or a half pint of beer) and meze food platter included with 2 hours karaoke in a private booth. When we got there, the lady reception staff, Natasha, was very friendly and cute. I loved the cocktails she made for us. It was amazing! BUT the male bar staff was rather rude. He is the one with massive black glasses. Whatever I asked he said "I don't know" and shows no interest to serve us. I saw someone purchased 2 vodka with lemonade for 6 pounds and when I ask for It he replied " That offers is now finish ", but 5 mins later he was doing to same offer to other lady!!!!! WHY?? When I asked for a glass of Bombay's with Tonic, he said they have ran out of it and showed me the empty bottle BUT there was a new bottle on the back of the bar shelf. This is unacceptable! Please sort out his attitude!!!!
Me and my friends were brought up to a private booth, which is on the second floor, by a lady, Vivienne. She was so friendly and helped us along the two hours section. (HAHA!! The karaoke system was rather difficult to use). She was so lovely, CUTE, bubbly and helpful. Also!! She's an amazing singer!! Thomas, the other male bar staff was very friendly and kindly explained which of the party packages is best for my birthday party next month. He is way better than the downstairs bar staff. We went to the first floor bar after the two hours section, as I was told by Vivienne there is more karaoke and much more song choices. Me and my friends had a brilliant night.
The worst part of being in the first floor bar was an old man kept on taking photos and videos of people. He needs to stop that as is very annoying and I think it is illegal to take photos of people without permission.
Bearing in mind people!!! The main point of this place is sing and have fun, not to eat. I don't know why is people keeps on complaining about the food. We are here to sing, the platter is just for nibble, just in case we are hungry. The drinks were perfectly fine for us, fizzy and cold. The toilets were alright, just need to sort out the locks!!!!
Overall, I think this is a brilliant place, and a perfect place for singing. This is a definite place to enjoy your night out.
Rewards to Natasha, Vivienne and Thomas!!!!!!!
Sort out the Karaoke system( make it easy to understand and put more songs on especially Meatloft!!!!
Sort out the Rude bar staff!!!!!
Sort out the toilet's locks!!!!!
Sort out the "CAMERA MAN"!!!!
Maybe a better platter???

2  Thank Hannah W
Reviewed January 15, 2014

So after reading the other reviews was regretting booking the groupon deal. The deal is £15 for 10 people with free drink and meze food platter included with 2 hours karaoke in a private booth.. I emailed to ask if extra people could come and was told they could for an extra £8 per person , when we got there the reception staff were very friendly and helpful and for January their is a special offer on so extra people were only charged at £4 each , so we paid £23 for 12 people just under £2 each.
So some perspective I think I have read others complaints and comments I think paying full price I would of been a little disappointed however for £2 each it was a fun night out .

DRINKS = the free ones were either larger or fizzy wine but seemed the cheapest possible and tasted watered down. The other drinks were very expensive £2.70 for lemonade !! Much more for alcohol .
FOOD= like others thought we might get Chinese food but it was meatballs pretzels and slices of hot dog with dips nothing special thankfully we had eaten before hand .
MUSIC= not as much choice as we would of liked and sometimes hard to search people a lot of Chinese/Japanese songs
ROOMS/TOILETS clean comfortable no issues .
All in all we had fun but I wouldn't be rushing back if I had to pay full price .

Reviewed January 3, 2014

One word: awful.

Bought on groupon but never would again!

Food platter = meatball stick things, sliced hotdogs and pretzels with tiny dips when we thought (judging by the Japanese/Chinese menu) we would be getting spring rolls, chicken wings etc etc... Food was absolutely hilariously bad.

"Free champagne" = flat lambrini

Music = Average oldy tracks, mainly Japanese/Chinese singers and little English songs, lack of any top 40 tracks, but made the most of what was there.

Service = Pretty rubbish.

First opinion of the place = Like an old brothel.

Will I go again? Nooooope!

2  Thank Katiesmith90
See more reviews
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My friends and I visited this venue on the evening of Thursday the 2nd of January, using a groupon deal.

We were extremely surprised and disappointed at the reception we received and the service we experienced.

The 'complimentary glass of bubbly' happened to be a flat glass of lambrini.

The 'portion of mezze platter per person' happened to be some lukewarm, sliced hot dogs, 2 miniscule meatballs each and a handful of mini pretzels, accompanied by a small portion of mustard, ketchup and soy sauce.

On the groupon website, this package was claimed to be worth £12 each. At £15, for up to 10 people, we were disappointed.

In addition, the lady serving us at the bar was disinterested and, frankly, rude. This attitude was particularly apparent when we asked about the food. The lady responded; "that's not included". Subsequently, we witnessed a not-so-subtle argument between this lady and the manager over whether the food was included in our deal or not. The lady said to us "he's not making any sense", yet brought in the 'platter' a few minutes later.

Having researched the deal on the website in advance, we had expected an exotic, authentic, Chinese array of food. What we received would not even suffice as dog food.

As a groupon customer, I would have thought that the aim of this venture would be to create new relationships with potentially regular customers, and to increase interest in the business. As a result of the disappointing evening we experienced; none of my friends, nor myself, will be tempted to visit again.

I hope this will encourage appropriate improvements within the business.

2  Thank Sarahtul