“rather disappointing”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2014

visited early one saturday evening and was underwhelmed. Other Thai restaurants have that hallowed atmosphere and i didnt get the vibe here. The greeting was polite but informal. Food was average and left me staying close to the toilet the next day. It didnt feel authentically thai.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We to the Thai Sun last week with a friend to celebrate her 60th - cannot praise this restaurant highly enough. My husband and I shared the Seafood Platter which was absolutely gorgeous and my friend had Thai fishcakes which she said were delicious. My husband had the Weeping Tiger for his main and my friend and I had green and yellow chicken curries which were delicious. It was our third visit and we have never been disappointed with any of the meals. Lovely staff which is a bonus. Definitely recommend the Thai Sun !!!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Great atmosphere, top class service and delicious food. Went here on a Wednesday night and the place was busy. Ordered from the set menu and we were not disappointed. The staff were so friendly and attentive. We will certainly make this place a regular of ours.

1  Thank LAH1122014
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have eaten here twice now and I can`t fault it. The food is excellent with ample choice for my vegetarian daughter. We have eaten different meals each time and each been excellent A favourite it the volcano chicken, but be prepared for the `volcano`. The staff are friendly and patient, even when we are slow at making our choices. Looking forward to going again

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Visited here on a busy Friday night - the atmosphere was great & the staff really friendly. Lots to choose from on the menu & it was hard to choose but we went for the seafood sharing platter which was delicious & presented beautifully. Went for my favourite Weeping Tiger main course and the beef was really tender - also had a taste of the squid penang which was gorgeous. I'm not usually a fan of desserts in Thai restaurants as I find them too sweet but I had the green pancakes with ice cream & they were lovely. Finished the meal off with a liquor coffee & there were plenty to choose from, went for my usual Baileys coffee which was charmingly named "Lady Coffee" :) Will definitely be going back again .... and again ... and again. I would not hesitate to recommend a visit to Thai Sun - really reasonable priced too - 3 courses for 3 people- plus 2 bottles of wine (hic)!! and liquor coffees - £103.