“Lovely Thai food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Thai Sun

Thai Sun
Ranked #133 of 1,808 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Lovely Thai food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I have been to this restaurant a couple of times while visiting my husbands family in Leeds. I must admit that before my first visit, I didn't think that I was overly keen on Thai food but this place changed my mind, the food is great! I was also quite impressed that the menu was very clearly marked for food allergies etc. as I tend to avoid gluten.

On both occasions that I have visited the Thai Sun I've had the yellow curry, not because I'm unadventurous, but because I enjoyed it so much the first time that I had it (and it's a gluten free option). On both visits everyone enjoyed their meals, the only thing was that on the first visit one of our meals didn't turn up with everyone else's, so my husband was left waiting while everyone else was eating theirs, but apart from that I have to say that the service was really quite good.

The Thai Sun has a nice atmosphere, is clean and is good value for money, I would thoroughly recommend a visit.

• Visited December 2013

england
“very good/authentic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

very good effort for transforming a traditional pub not quite as lavish in terms of decor and ambience as the big leeds thai restaurants like chaophraya but we thought the food here was extremely good and excellent value for money. the lady owner is lovely and friendly they deserve their reviews please try the papaya salad (ask that it be not too spicy!) if you havnt had this thai dish before its very good here.

• Visited October 2013
“Christmas Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Went for our alternative Christmas Dinner, was extremeley impressed with our first visit here. The fish platter shared starter was to die for! And the weeping tiger main was truly scrumptious also. Service couldn't be faulted and was perfect in all ways, we had an exceedingly relaxing day here, with no cynically hiked Christmas Day prices. We will be returning soon. Thanks so much for adding the joy to our Christmas Day. :D

Visited December 2013
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Lovely food with a lovely atmosphere! I have already recommended this restaurant to my friends. Staff are polite.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Value for money... and great food....result”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Went as a table of four with friends, and quickly realised this place is hidden gem, and a far cry from the old Sun pub it used to be....completely redesigned and transformed into a touch of Thailand...well almost

The menu is extensive and seemed to take an age to decide, such is the choice on offer. we ordered some drinks and the regular bottles of Singha were perfect.

Starters of Thai fish cakes , wontons, duck spring rolls and gai choop were organised, although I was not impressed with the 4 fish cakes which were size of large 10p piece and rubbery, everyone else's was very good.

We ordered some more drinks and the waitress then asked if we would like the LARGE bottles of singha...result..."it comes in pints"..to coin a phrase....

Mains of Weeping Tiger, Thai red curry and prawn stir fry were served...although the weeping tiger is a sizzling dish, they didn't arrive with the usual style and dramatic affair associated with it...more a weak fizz.. but take nothing away from that...this was an excellent, tasty dish, we had coconut rice, sticky rice and noodles to accompany. the coconut rice was very sweet and the sticky rice was glued in to the bowl...but again good tasty rice dishes as was the Thai red curry and the Prawn stir fry
A few more large Singhas and cocktails for the ladies and we were full to busting..

Overall the Thai Sun is a great place to eat and at a touch of £45 each, including tip,...considering the food and all the drink, we all agreed this was excellent value for money, compared to Leeds centre restaurants...and I would highly recommend giving it a try.

So once again thanks for reading my review of Thai Sun, Pudsey, please consider leaving me a helpful vote as this adds credence to my reviews and is helpful for other readers.
I try to be honest and impartial and only write about what I find on my visits.

So bye for now...yet another great stop-off on my WORLD DOMINATION TOUR.
Ming