“I have been in your cafe and....”
Review of Grinders - CLOSED

Grinders
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“I have been in your cafe and....”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have been in your cafe and the coffee is poor. You are trying to be something you never can be. A new York coffee shop. I have noticed a tendency of you accusing anyone who reviews you poorly, af you saying they have not been in your shop. WELL I HAVE. And it is fair to say that there is much better coffee at Caffe Nero, up the road from you

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank jeremy10
Nichola C, Owner at Grinders, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Hello Jeremy10, this is the fourth bad review you have posted in 3 weeks for Grinders, you seem to change your comments on every edited review, questioning our authenticity to encouraging potential customers to visit other businesses. It is quite hard to determine exactly what dissatisfied you? We are sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at Grinder's. We are a small independent run coffee house, we have excellent customer relationships and pride ourselves upon how hard we work to please you the customer. Please feel free to give us another try if you are in the neighbourhood, we could discuss our Italo- American heritage to you over a gorgeous Espresso served in a shot glass the Italian way, or maybe you would prefer a creamy Cappuccino served in a Grinders mug. We could also throw in some wonderful `Scilian pastries or maybe you would prefer a big fat Grinder, filled with wonderful Italo American fillings whilst listening to some cool music. Thanks for your comments, Nic from Grinders.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely coffee shop and amazing Italian/American sandwiches - yum!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I met a friend for coffee and a bite to eat. There's a lovely area at the front to sit and watch the world go by and as the sun was shining, this is where we found a table. We both opted for a coffee and a sandwich. I went with the pastrami, mustard and cheese in a wrap and it was delicious. We were then given a few of the Italian pastries to try - also very tasty. An informal lovely cafe to sit and catch up and delicious food and coffee plus great value for money! Highly recommended!

• Visited June 2014
Nichola C, Owner at Grinders, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Hello NeetsGeoff, Grinders would like to thank you for your kind review, hope to see you again,
Nic at Grinders
Leeds
“tasteless”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

unimpressed by how bland tasteless the coffee from this place was. can't remember the last time i paid so much money for a paper cup filled with see-through brown lukewarm Water. bad all round im sorry to say.

2 Thank askiiskii
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best kept secret, My second home in Leeds!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I recently move to Chapel Allerton for work and I was looking for a good coffee place as I am a passionate coffee drinker. This gorgeous thou very simple looking cafe is right next to the bus stop in front the Lidl and the Three Hulats on Harrogate Road. So, every morning while I wait for my bus I can stop here and have an excellent coffee, some fine pasticcini and grab one of the delicious fresh paninis on the menu'. Here you can really breath and taste the authentic atmosphere of Italy. The staff is always welcoming and cheerful and of course the coffee is the best I have tasted since I have been in UK. This independent cafe is an absolute gem, I totally advice to everyone to try it!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank TriboAdvisor
Nichola C, Owner at Grinders, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Hello Triboadvisor, Grinders would like to thank you for your kind review and really pleased you enjoyed your visit, Nic at Grinders
Yorkshire
“Little bit of New York in Leeds”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My first time there with family. Lovely fresh cooked food. Gorgeous little pastries, of which I ate too many. Delicious coffee. Made to feel really welcome. Could have stayed there chatting and drinking coffee all day. Please open one in Bradford.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank JMM61yorkshire
Nichola C, Owner at Grinders, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Grinders would like to thank you for your kind review, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit.