“Not as good as first time but we were dining late”
Review of The Pit

The Pit
Ranked #182 of 1,961 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Get ready to enter the Pit... From cocktails and craft beers to the finest steaks, burgers & ribs. We do things differently underground... Even the ping pong.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Me and my brother headed here late on Saturday evening (about 9pm) and were promptly seated for food.

We had both been before so were able to work our way through the menu and pick something nice. The menu does have a varied choice.

I went for the ribs and wings combo (same as last time)

Again, the service was very slow however the staff are very helpful.

The food came after about 40 minute wait (in fairness the restaurant was busy) My ribs weren't that warm but I had waited so long I really couldn't be bothered sending them back to wait longer and not have them as part of my meal until nearer the end.

Overall slightly disappointing but I will return when in Leeds as my first trip here the food was superb and made up for the slow service. The staff are friendly and the drink selection is very good. I will maybe try something else next time to get a better appetite for other areas of the menu.

ArcInspirations, Public Relations Manager at The Pit, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Hi

Thanks for your feedback regarding your experience in the Pit last Saturday. We take all feedback, positive or negative, very seriously and I have looked into your comments to try and find out what happened.

I have studied the CCTV footage and till logs to find your table and have managed to do so. I can see that you sit down at your table at your table at 8.58pm, are spoken to by the team member and order drinks at 9.00pm, drinks are then delivered at 9.02pm and food order is taken at the same time. The order is then put through and food arrives at 9.23pm. Like you mentioned and it was very busy and we do aspire to have our main courses out in 15 minutes. I do think it is slightly unfair to claim the meals took 40 minutes to arrive though as it says in your review.

In regards to the temperature of the ribs, this is something I have discussed with the chef's and management team and we have tested how we cook them. The ones we have tried have all come out at perfect temperature so hopefully it was an isolated incident, please accept my sincerest apologies for this as we do pride ourselves on our service and quality and obviously on this occasion it was not correct.

I do hope this does not prevent you from visiting us again in the future

Kind regards

Ben Torkington
The Pit

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Went here for a friends birthday - food was nice 'American diner' style grub (onion rings are amazing!)

Service was slow and disorganised though - luckily we were all very relaxed with timings but food arrived out of sync and also was very complicated to order

Restaurant itself had a 'cool' decor with exposed walls, low lighting and pool tables (hidden away)

Would describe the Pit as a glorified pub very informal and even some pool tables in one section of the restaurant!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I've been here twice now, and thoroughly enjoyed both occasions. I tried quite a few of the cocktails, and really enjoyed the amount of effort that the bar staff put into making them. Foodwise, I've tried the crossfit burger which was great, and also nachos which I really enjoyed as well. Will definitely return.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Second time we have visited the pit on a Saturday evening and both times unable to sit down because every table has a reserved sign on them . I find this so annoying. Fine people eat there but then continue to hog the tables for the rest of the evening. So no table for the drinkers
Some tables should be used for reservations but not all
Needless to say wont be going again .

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Monday night dinner on my own. Restaurant was quiet - because it was a Monday. Great service. Forget the name of the server, but very happy with that.
Pulled pork was fine. Goose Island IPA went down lovely. Pecan Pie pudding was a little too rich for me, but that is because I do not have a sweet tooth, and not really a reflection on the quality.
I'd have no issues returning here in the future, however Leeds has changed, and there are plantly of interesting dining establishments I'd like to try.
One other observation - very interesting urinals in the Male Toilets. Impressed