“Not totally disappointed” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The pit

The pit
Reserve with OpenTable
The pit is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #259 of 1,790 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Get ready to enter the Pit... From cocktails and craft beers to the finest steaks, burgers & ribs. We do things differently underground... Even the ping pong.
“Not totally disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Me and my friend went in for a long overdue catch up and we was seated pretty much straight away. We was initially told they was very busy but we managed to get a table. The service at the bar was very slow although the staff did apologise for the wait. The waitress was very polite and she kept coming to check on us. We waited almost an hour and half for food from when we first ordered they had large parties in which seemed to get priority over everybody else. I ordered the pig out burger which was a bit soggy but was still very delicious I absolutely loved the pulled pork. The manager did give us £5 off the bottle of wine we ordered as an apology for the delay the I didn't so much mind the wait as me and my friend were too busy reminiscing about the old days. The only thing I thought was daft is that they take your card and lock it behind the bar and they leave you the key. Why not just take a pre auth of the card ?

• 4 of 5 bubbles
ArcInspirations, General Manager at The pit, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Hi Katy D, thanks for taking the time to review The Pit - we take feedback seriously (the good and the not so good!) I’m really glad that you enjoyed the burger - the pulled pork is one of my favourites and it’s good to know that you were happy with your waitress. That said, I’m sorry that you had to wait and if you would be able to email me with more details of the date and time of your visit we can investigate further.

Regarding the policy of holding cards in a card safe behind the bar, this is the method we use across all of our outlets. We decided on this, rather than pre-authorisation, as it's quicker, simpler and we find most customers prefer it. Hopefully you’ll come back and visit again soon.

Ben Torkington
Ben.torkington@thepitleeds.co.uk

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Closest I have tasted to Stateside baby back ribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Cosy booths, great atmosphere, attentive and efficient service, the menu is perfect and the baby back ribs are some of the best I have had the pleasure of eating this side of the big pond. 5 star!

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Too pricey and poor po boy!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Yes I know the prices are displayed in the window so we didn't have to go in. Admittedly the burgers are very good and the Pitburger should be at £12.50. but only served with a small basket of thin fries as well. The Po Boy pulled pork sandwich was very disappointing. It was served in the cheapest sub roll possible which basically fell apart because the filling was so wet. Soggy cheap bread....yuk! This was brought to the managers attention who knocked a wopping £3.80 off a £70 bill. And £3.25 for a small ramekin of Mac & Cheese was a joke. If I'd known all this before we went in I'd have waited for a table at Red's instead!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hi RoarinRat, thank you for the review, and sorry that you didn’t enjoy your experience as much as we would have wanted. We took a lot of time developing the menu and working with our suppliers to get the best quality ingredients as we’re committed to delivering a great experience to our customers. We’re always looking for ways to improve and I will make sure that your feedback is passed on to the team.

Ben Torkington
Ben.torkington@thepitleeds.co.uk
London, United Kingdom
“Would think twice before returning”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Food was ok.......the staff generally were very good and attentive, but the speed of service was very poor. I do not think the kitchen could cope. We waited 2 hours for our main meals.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Pat W
“Top place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Visited this place for the first time for tea on a Thursday night. I am a fan of the arc inspiration bars but didn't really know what to expect for a place in the centre.

First of all the decor is amazing!! For the area in town it was far beyond my expectations. The place looks amazing.

We visited straight from work so the bar was quite. We sat in a booth. The service was speedy and the food was spot on.

Definitely worth a visit.