“Basic, adequate and welcoming”
Review of Ibis Leeds Centre

Ibis Leeds Centre
Ranked #29 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Manchester
“Basic, adequate and welcoming”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Good quality budget hotel - very basic, as you expect from the ibis group.

Good-sized room, decent bed and pillows, clean bathroom and TV that works.

Free WiFi was a big plus!

Breakfast was varied and decent, newspapers available.

Overall, decent standard for budget hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
SarahSiddons, Front Office Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Alistair Good

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
grimsby
Reviewed October 17, 2013

After making the 2 hour car journey to reach the ibis hotel with 7 other friends for my 21st birthday we went to check in at the reception, after letting us writing out all the information for the 3 rooms we have booked, they decided to let us know we couldn't have 3 people per room as you can see from the picture, it states either 3 adults people per room, or 2 adults and 2 children. Before we booked the hotel we rang ibis up and confirmed the 3 people per room and they said it was correct. Bearing in mind we are all university students we went for this hotel as it was the cheapest, if I knew we could only have 2 people per room we would have stayed at the premier inn (arena) which is a walk away from the nightlife. We was stood arguing our point, showing them the picture of their website and telling them we rang up to confirm the room numbers for about 45 minutes, they said they couldn't give us a refund as it was pre-paid, also they couldn't transfer us to the budget hotel, as they are not part of the same company?!!!

The hotel manger would not help us at all even though it was on their fault we was in this situation and told us we had to pay for another room at £84 which I was not prepared to pay when I only paid £64 per room in the first place. Not once did he apologise to us for the inconvenience but was just damn right rude!!

I will never stay in a ibis hotel again!! worst service I have ever experienced and will be talking my matter further and expect a full refund from ibis!!!

Thanks Ibis for ruining my 21st birthday weekend!!!!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank elyshadolphin
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on 0113 3969000 or h3652-dm@accor.com to discuss this further. Kind regards, Alistair Good
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

great place for a budget stay .. nice rooms and the pod shower rooms are more than adequate on a functional basis ..

only point would make is a bit of a walk to town and not the best road to walk on late at night ..

but a good value base and cant be faulted for service or cleanliness ..

Room Tip: higher up the building the better i think ,, quieter .. )
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
SarahSiddons, Front Office Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review further to your stay with us at Ibis Leeds Centre. Your feedback is much appreciated. Your feedback about cleanliness will be passed onto the housekeeping department which I'm sure they will be delighted to hear. I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future. Kind Regards, Alistair Good
doncaster
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife & I stayed at the Ibis on the 14th Oct. as we were going to a gig in the city & we were happy with the stay. We stayed on the 4th floor & obviously the room was what we would expect from this type of city hotel, small but functional. The room was spotless & this included the bathroom so to us this is our main concern so no issues there. We checked in about 13:30 then went into the city to look round, eat & go to the gig so did not get back to the hotel till around 10:50. (also its only a ten minute walk into the centre). We had a drink in the bar then up the apples & pears so I cannot comment on any aspect of room service or dining. We found the staff to be very polite & at £32 for the night we were very happy. When we went to sleep we did experience a bit of noise at ground level but that's hardly the hotels fault. I see one of the other reviewers found a lot of noise but I think with city centre hotels that's a common thing nowadays. Hey its not the Ritz but at that price we would not hesitate to go again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Alistair Good